This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
January 24, 2019 at 10:16 pm #3127190

roosR

I am trying to:
Translate a text

Instead, I got:
see image, and it's a lot of coding - that requires a lot of time. How can i solve this?
Thank you so much in advance!

January 25, 2019 at 1:49 pm #3129187

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

From what I gather, Advanced Translation Editor is picking the code which you put directly into the page content, which is the correct behavior because it also sees it as text.

You don't have to translate this, just click the Copy button and green complete button and move on. Is it not working for you? Have a look at the image.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

January 25, 2019 at 3:21 pm #3129576

roosR

Hi Bruno,
Thank you so much for your reply
It 'works' but takes me a lot of time since it is about a huge amount of code - for relatively small text.
It is is highly inconvienent. Could you pass on to the developers to 'fix' it for a next update?
Would be a nice option - if ofcourse it is optional.
Thanks again,
Rose

January 25, 2019 at 3:42 pm #3129654

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi Rose,

I am not sure on how that would work in practice, since we have to allow our users to have the plain code as well. And if that code is added as a plain text, ATE can't distinguish whether this is regular text, math formula, or something else.

However, I encourage you to suggest any feature you think WPML users may benefit from:
https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

Please describe your suggestion in as much detail as possible, so that we can understand it and understand how it will make WPML better.

Regards,
Bruno Kos