This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 3:22 pm #2812409

jamesL-9

I am trying to update the plugin and the string translation plugin but get a page full of errors (attached).

October 15, 2018 at 10:45 am #2817009

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

from your screenshot, I can't see the full error, but it's related to directory sitepress-multilingual-cms-OLD. Usually, WPML core is in directory sitepress-multilingual-cms so maybe this is the reason for the error. Do you have another directory? If not, what happens renaming it?

I can also see WPML and String Translation aren't updated. Please update them and check if also other plugins need updating.

Also, the WP Memory Limit needs to be increased. PHP memory limit is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb.
Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

The wp-config.php file is located in your WordPress root directory. It's the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
You can check the current WP Memory Limit value from WPML -> Support in the Info section
More info here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Finally, check your debug code in your wp-config.php file. It should be something like this:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

If you set WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY to false, the message should disappear from your front end. If they are not causing other error and are just PHP warnings, that could be enough.
Otherwise, if you cannot use WPML at all, check wp-content/debug.log for the complete error, so I can better understand the issue.

The topic ‘[Closed] I installed the updated version of the plugin and get a page full of php errors’ is closed to new replies.