Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client wants to duplicate content and manually translate it without being redirected to the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) page.
Solution:
If you're experiencing issues with duplicating content and want to manually translate it, we recommend you follow these steps:
1. Duplicate the content by following the instructions in our documentation on Displaying Untranslated Content on Pages in Secondary Languages.
2. After duplicating the content, you can edit it using the WordPress native editor by:
- Editing the post/page in the default language.
- Going to the Languages tab.
- Activating the 'WordPress Editor' option.
- A popup window will appear where you must select the scope of the change.
- Saving the changes.
- You can now edit the duplicated post/page using the WordPress Editor.

If this solution doesn't look relevant to your issue, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.81 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
December 29, 2023 at 11:16 am #15136516

doronY

now, if I duplicate it take me here: hidden link

I like to skip that and if i duplicate just create new post, I will translate it with my. own way

December 29, 2023 at 11:34 am #15136595

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

1.- To correctly duplicate the content you must follow the steps described in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/#duplicating-content

2.- Once the content is duplicated, you will be able to edit it depending on the configuration of WPML. The link you share is from ATE, which is correct, but if you'd like to manually edit the duplicated content using the WordPress native editor, then you need to follow these steps:
- Edit the post/page in the default language
- Go to the Languages tab
- Activate 'WordPress Editor' option
- A popup window will appear where you must select the scope of the change
- Save the changes
- Then you will be able to edit the duplicated post/page using the WordPress Editor

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this.
Regards,
Carlos

December 30, 2023 at 9:33 am #15137896

doronY

thanks, now I see another bigger problem

doronY confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-30 09:33:44.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.