This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 7, 2019 at 11:33 am #3757225

remyT-2

I am trying to: make setting for 5 languages, English, French, Russian, Spanish and Hebrew but I get only the native (english) without any click possible. I don't see others pages translated

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: All the flags and possibility to click for changing

Instead, I got: Only English

May 7, 2019 at 11:36 am #3757257

remyT-2

I didn't see any solution !!!

May 7, 2019 at 12:57 pm #3758021

remyT-2

I constated in WPML string translation that all the translation are in english and for the case of hebrew also but written from right to left

May 7, 2019 at 2:50 pm #3759429

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. From what I can see in the debugging information that you shared with me, the 5 languages are already added and set up in WPML.

Can you please let me know if you translated the homepage already? The reason why you are seeing only one flag at the top (English) might be simply because that is the only language that you have translated the homepage in for the moment.

Once you start to translate it in more languages, you will see that more flags will appear at the top.

Here is some very helpful documentation that will help you with the translation process:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#how-to-translate-pages-posts-and-custom-posts

Please let me know how that goes and if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your reply.

2. Regarding this "I constated in WPML string translation that all the translation are in English and for the case of Hebrew also but written from right to left" - you are right, if you have set English as the default language of the site in the WPML settings, all the strings will be considered as English and by using the WPML String Translation panel (the one you sent me the screenshot of), you can translate any of the strings you have there.

I hope this clarifies things a bit more 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai