This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Cannot activale WPML again on the plugin area on the website.

Solution: Reinstalling WPML fixed the issue.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Christian 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
October 21, 2018 at 2:33 am #2834975

Christian

Tell us what you are trying to do? Cannot activale WPML again on the plugin area on the website

Is there any documentation that you are following? Tried to follow your doc. I have deactivated and deleted the WPML and cannot get a re-install again. WPML is asking me to buy !

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

October 21, 2018 at 11:06 am #2835462

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello Pedro,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

While waiting that one of my teammates takes care of your case, can you please try unregistering and registering again WPML?
You can do it from Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial (Tab)
- To register the site, please use the URL shown in Settings -> General

If that's not working, please verify if you need to first remove the old registration from https://wpml.org/account/sites/ and then add the new one.

Let us know if it helps.

Related documentation:
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register

October 21, 2018 at 6:35 pm #2835826

Christian

Hello Vincenzo and thanks for your effort to help me. I am still stucked in the problem. I have just purchased a year renewal of the Multilingual Blog. In the process trying to update the WPML on the site hidden link I deactivated AND deleted the WPML. This means that I no longer can see the web sites pages in english and italian language. And when I try to reinstall WPML I am asked to buy one of your solutions. Can I give you access to the website ?. I am not so good in this phase and sincerely hope you can help me restablishing the WPML and the missing pages. Christian

October 22, 2018 at 8:30 pm #2839762

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'll be taking care of your ticket.

In order to be of better help, I will need to access to your site.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it. Please also include the key that was generated for that site in your WPML account.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.
Ricardo

October 22, 2018 at 8:32 pm #2839763

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you now.

I´m opening the private area for you to provide system access to your site.

Please also send a note to our sales staff who can check that the licensing is correct for your account. They have access to that information that we don´t have in the support forum and also can check that the payments and access codes are as expected.

https://wpml.org/home/contact-us/contact-form/

When you fill in the form, you can include a link to this ticket as well as your WPML user-id.
This should give them all the additional information needed.

October 22, 2018 at 9:53 pm #2839954

Ricardo Alday

Thanks. I installed WPML, activated it and it's already marked as registered. I didn't do anything else. I'm not sure why it wasn't working for you but it's working now.

October 22, 2018 at 10:15 pm #2839997

Christian

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!