If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How do I activate English as one of my languages? the option is greyed out and cannot be selected in the Languages section.

Solution: You can hack the language settings to force the selection of English. Go to WPML -> Languages -> Add/Remove languages. Then, right click your screen and click "Inspect". On the English there will be a line that says something like "select=disabled". Just remove this from the console screen and you should then be able to check the box to add English.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 22, 2018 at 6:48 pm #2211301

michaelF-41

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I tried to add new language - slovakia (i had before primary english, secondary czech and germany). After adding, english disappear from enabled languages and is grayed without ticking possibility. I do not understand why? URL's to zanaromi.com disappear too. See on it please.
Is there any documentation that you are following?
yes any articles here from your experts, but it do not fuction
Is there a similar example that we can see?
pictures at attachement
What is the link to your site?
hidden link - english
hidden link - czech
hidden link - germany

May 23, 2018 at 7:09 pm #2217970

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

The link to zanaromi.com probably disappeared because it is assigned to the English language. You can kind of hack the language settings to force the selection of English. Go to WPML -> Languages -> Add/Remove languages. Then, right click your screen and click "Inspect". On the English there will be a line that says something like "select=disabled". Just remove this from the console screen and you should then be able to check the box to add English, and the .com url should reappear once English is active.

If you would like me to do this for you, you can provide credentials and I will be happy to login and do these steps. I have marked the next reply as private so that you can share login details if you like.