This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
April 20, 2015 at 9:42 am #602340

albertoB-10

I am trying to print and translate a list of custom fields labels. At the moment they are hard coded into the template file. This way they are not translated when the language is changed.

For example:

[php]
<h3>CARATTERISTICHE TECNICHE E SPECIFICHE</h3>
[php]

I want to translate the content into H3 tag. Right now it is a static string (the custom field label). We would like to get it dinamically (if it's possible). We've already tried to load that string in WPML String Translation (see the screenshot) but nothing happens.

Thanks in advance

April 20, 2015 at 12:59 pm #602523

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Thanks for contacting WPML support.
I'm not sure if I really understand what do you want to translate. If you want to translate a custom field you need to install WPML Translation management module and then:

1. Go to WPML->Translation Management->Multilingual Content Setup.
2. You’ll see a section for custom fields, custom types and taxonomy. Check the items that require translation.

For custom fields, you can choose to either:
- Not translate
- Synchronize – copy from the original to the translations
- Translate
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

If you what you want to translate is a hard coded string, you'll need the help of WPML string translation.

1. Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization"
2. Make sure that "Translate by WPML." is active
3. Scroll down to "Strings in the theme" and click on "Scan the theme for strings"
4. Once you followed the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

In case after all this steps the String isn't still appearing translated on the Front-End, it is very possible that the source is not correctly coded.
In this case, further debugging steps are required
Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists
and let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply!

The topic ‘[Closed] I need to print and translate the custom field label, how can i do that?’ is closed to new replies.