Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
April 14, 2021 at 4:15 pm #8537181

serghZ-2

Just want to translate this plugin - hidden link, so I was able to use it for 2 languages: UA and RU

Example:
RU - hidden link
UA - hidden link

how can I do it correctly

April 15, 2021 at 8:52 am #8542385

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support.

I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

I see this issue was already reported before by you and some other users.

Since this plugin is not officially compatible with WPML nor we are aware of it,

Official list: https://wpml.org/plugin/

I first suggest contact plugin support and asking them if their plugin can work with WPML or there are any know issues, then invite them to our GoGlobal compatibility program and our developers will be glad to help out.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

From our side, the best we can do is check the issue and see if there is anything we can do to help out, but in most cases, we need plugin author collaboration and making their plugin compatible.

Please follow the next steps:
- Go to hidden link
- Configure WPML plugins
- Install Poka Review Plugin
- Set simple dummy example to reproduce the same issue
- Share steps with me how can I check

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Drazen

April 19, 2021 at 2:27 pm #8573441

serghZ-2

hidden link got reply from Poka team:

Poka Review Plugin is already translatable, you can find the po/mo files inside “/languages/” folder and you can follow this guide: hidden link

If the above solution seems difficult you can also use WPML strings translations functionality and add your translations thought the plugin interface.

April 20, 2021 at 5:40 am #8577349

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

The suggested method is for translating strings and words coming from plugin files, but in your case, you are asking how to translate the fields you're created.

I advise you check with them further on this, since we are not aware of this plugin nor it is officially compatible.

What I can do is suggest to invite them to our GoGlobal compatibility program and try to reproduce the issue on the sandbox, and I will check if there is aching we can do from our side.

Thanks,
Drazen

April 22, 2021 at 7:07 pm #8604377

serghZ-2

I see they have compatible themes with WMPL, maybe you know them and you could realize this fix, in order plugin was also compatible hidden link
What do you think?

url: hidden link

April 22, 2021 at 7:09 pm #8604381

serghZ-2

Also update is here: hidden link

We will surely check this program but all of our themes and plugins are using WordPress official guidelines.
You can create a translation with our guide above or you can use WPML string translation extension.

Just don't know how to do it correctly(

April 23, 2021 at 6:02 am #8606391

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

They are claiming to be compatible with WPML, but we are not aware of this nor has it been tested by our developers.

The official list of compatible theme and plugins you can find on the next list, everything else we consider not compatible, and some issue may exist:

- https://wpml.org/theme/
- https://wpml.org/plugin/

We are willing to check and try to help you out with translating the Poka review plugin, but you will need to follow instructions from my previous reply and replicate a simple example issue on the clean sandbox site provided. Then I can take a look and see if there is anything we can from our side to help to translate it correctly.

Please follow the next steps:
- Go to
hidden link
- Configure WPML plugins
- Install Poka Review Plugin
- Set simple dummy example to reproduce the same issue
- Share steps with me how can I check

Let me know when it is ready and how to check.

Thanks,
Drazen

April 24, 2021 at 1:27 pm #8614535

serghZ-2

Hi wrote developers again of Poka Plugin, help, please to pay their attention more: hidden link

Added plugin and tune RU and UA languages, check, please: hidden link

What do you think?

April 26, 2021 at 5:56 am #8620061

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I see the reply, but they haven't replied to anything informative, not sure how is this helpful.

I see you installed the plugin on sandbox and created a post in 1 language, can you share with me what exactly do you need to be translated from that link?

1) What string/field are not translated
2) Does the review needs to be translated to another language or?

Please create the same example where I can see the issue and what is wrong and I will see and check if we can help.

Try to be informative as you can, so I can help out.

Thanks,
Drazen

April 28, 2021 at 6:36 am #8640759

serghZ-2

Hi, you know, I did it, hidden link 🙂
but how can I translate this: hidden link, so it was in 2 languages: RU & UA?

April 28, 2021 at 7:35 am #8641233

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for the feedback.

Great job, glad to hear that!

You can translate it, like any other stings coming from the plugin.

Please follow next steps:
- Go to WPML → Theme and Plugins Localization.
- Select the Poka Review plugin and click to scan it.
- After the scan is done, go to WPML > String Translation, search for strings and translate.

Image attached.

Related documentation:
-https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

Screenshot_3.jpg