This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 32 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
March 27, 2020 at 6:30 pm #5782207

nickV-23

Hi, I need to translate like 400 portfolio items stored in 30+ categories. What is the best way of doing this? I hope there is a one-click solution. where it translates everything knowing its maybe not good.

Its also for 2 different language. from dutch to frans and engelish.

March 27, 2020 at 8:57 pm #5782693

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

Please go to WPML->Translation Management-> Filter for the portfolio items, select all the items you need to translate and either "batch duplicate" them or use "bulk automatic translation".

- Batch Duplication:

1. Go to WPML->Translation Management
2. Select portfolio items
3. Scroll down and select "Duplicate" and start

- Bulk Automatic Translation:

Review the following Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/how-to-use-automatic-translation/#bulk-automatic-translation-for-groups-of-pages

Let me know your results, please.

March 28, 2020 at 12:48 pm #5785131

nickV-23

Moet ik hier extra voor betalen? Ik zie die button namelijk niet. ik zie alleen hoe ik het door iemand anders kan laten vertalen

March 30, 2020 at 5:03 pm #5797527

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

The first option i listed "Batch Duplication" is free, and the "Bulk Automation Translation" will only require you purchase "words" as detailed here
https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/automatic-translation-pricing/

https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/how-to-use-automatic-translation/

You should be able to go to WPML -> Settings-> Use WPML's Advanced Translation Editor -> Then go to WPML->Translation Management-> Select your portfolio items-> Send them to translation-> click on Transaltion Tools -> Bulk auto translate

At the last step, it will provide you with how many words there will be translated.

April 1, 2020 at 2:20 pm #5814269

nickV-23

Oke en wat als ik geen credit card heb? Ik heb trouwens ook 10.000 woorden gekregen maar er staat nog steeds dat ik woorden moet kopen.

April 1, 2020 at 2:44 pm #5814553

nickV-23

Ik heb het gene hierboven gefixt nu doe ik wat er staat maar er staan niks in die lijst?

April 1, 2020 at 10:35 pm #5817457

Bobby
Supporter

Hi,

I apologize but the Google Translator is not the greatest in its translation, therefore I would like to verify that you are getting the 10,000 free words now.

Additionally, I was able to reproduce the issue you mentioned and I am in contact with our developers, once I have some feedback I will update you here.

April 2, 2020 at 8:49 am #5820197

nickV-23

you mean about the empty list?

April 2, 2020 at 4:41 pm #5824879

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

Our team was notified about this issue of the blank page in the Translation Tools area and just released a fix for it.

Go to WPML->Translation Management->Translation Tools->Bulk Automatic Translation

You should be able to see a list of jobs that can be translated automatically if you still get an empty list please share with me a screenshot of it.

Also if possible please answer the following that will further help us identify why this is caused

1. What browser are you using + what operating system are you on (MacOS, Windows etc.)

April 2, 2020 at 5:45 pm #5825551

nickV-23

Hi still see nothing. I think it's not a problem with wpml but something I do wrong.

Chrome, Windows 10

April 2, 2020 at 8:07 pm #5826439

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the screenshot!

1. Click on the languages dropdown shown in your screenshot, do you see any languages listed or is it blank?

2. Go to pages->click on "+" to edit a language with Advanced Translation Editor->On the top of the page do you see the target and source languages as "NULL" ?

April 3, 2020 at 10:08 am #5830475

nickV-23

i see 1 lanquages dutch.

And yes is see the target and source lanquages.

April 3, 2020 at 10:09 am #5830549

nickV-23

But shouldn't I send the posts to the bulk translator or something?

April 3, 2020 at 6:12 pm #5834827

nickV-23

can you please help before the weekend because i need to fix this. i can also make a account so you can do it yourself if thats possible?

April 3, 2020 at 7:55 pm #5835423

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed I recommend taking FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby