This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 12:37 pm #2778120

raisaB

Hello! I need to translate Theme Options at my site, hidden link – but when I translate banner settings in theme options into one language, all settings in other languages are changing too. How can I translate Banner settings into 3 languages? I use WMPL for translation

October 3, 2018 at 3:53 am #2783478

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

It depends on how your theme is done. From what I've noticed, your theme does not seem to be officially supported by WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

You have already searched for these options for translation within the WPML > String Translation page.

If you do not find this option for translation, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

October 3, 2018 at 10:06 pm #2785818

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. To make these fields translatable, I followed the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration
- Insert these lines:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="listingpro_options">
            <key name="top_title" />
            <key name="top_main_title" />
            <key name="main_text" /></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

- Click on the Save button
- Click on the WPML > String Translation, translate the desired strings

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

October 4, 2018 at 4:43 am #2786427

raisaB

Thanks for help! So can You explain, where did you find "key_name"?

October 4, 2018 at 5:32 am #2786440

Bruno
Supporter

Glad to hear that it now works. To find the name of the keys, follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > String Translation
- At the end of the page, click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link
- Search for "listingpro_options"

In this option, you can find the strings you want. Just copy the key name and use it like this:

<key name="name-of-the-field" />

Note: perhaps English strings are added in the default language, rather than being added in English. To change the language of the string, just follow the steps in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#original-language-of-strings

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] I need to translate theme options of Listing Pro Theme’ is closed to new replies.