This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 11, 2018 at 11:35 am #2807948

maijaK-2

I am trying to: update the navigation for the Finnish language version. Now the English version is also in Finnish. Also the Flag icons to change the language have dissappeard

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: I want to have an English navigation for the English version and Finnish navigation for the Finnish version.

Instead, I got: Finnish navigation on all languages

October 12, 2018 at 12:30 am #2810070

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

Are these pages translated into the secondary language correctly (the title, inclusive)? Also, if you try to sync the menu again, does the problem persist? If you have not tried, please follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > WP Menus Sync
- Select the desired pages to sync
- Click on the Sync button

You can see more details in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

If after following these steps the problem persists, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] I tired to update the navigation for the Finnish language version’ is closed to new replies.