If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
April 27, 2019 at 3:17 am #3694317

Maurice Oord

I am trying to:have thumbnails in the new language (English)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: thumbnails for all English posts

Instead, I got: some thumbnails not all

April 29, 2019 at 7:48 am #3700739

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Maurice,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please do the following steps:

#1 Please update first WPML and all Add-Ons to the newest version. (WPML 4.2.6)

#2 Please check after the update if you can translate the images using WPML -> Media Translation

Please let me know.
Best Marcel

April 29, 2019 at 1:37 pm #3703863

Maurice Oord

Hello Marcel,

I have updated the wpml and addons. I have ran a media copy of all media but thumbnails still do not show in English. Is there a way to fix it or do I need to assign 300 new thumbnails opening 1 post at the time? Thank you for your advice.
Best regards
Maurice

April 29, 2019 at 3:20 pm #3704887

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Maurice,

Can you please also check the checkboxes before running the Media Duplication? The settings are next to the "Start" Button under WPML -> Settings -> Media Translation
hidden link -> Inside the Media Translation setting there is a "Start" button to run the duplication.

Otherwise, can you translate it over hidden link ?

As I see that you are using a custom Theme maybe it's not working because of this. So another solution could be running a plugin like hidden link

I would recommend you run a site backup before. Please let me know if one of the suggestions worked for you.

Best Marcel

May 2, 2019 at 2:10 am #3720609

Maurice Oord

Hello,

Maybe I do something wrong because nothing works except adding a thumbnail by hand. So I will be doing this unless there is a better way. Regenerating thumbs didnt help because they are not assigned to the translated english posts i think. Anyway thank you.

May 2, 2019 at 8:57 am #3722905

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Maurice,

If you want me to login to your site to check this in details, I would be happy to assist you in this case. Please add for this also an example as a screenshot, that I can easily find a post to compare.

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the […] Edit Screen, the Page/Post where you insert the […] and the corresponding Front End Page/Screen

Best Marcel

The topic ‘[Closed] I translated 300 posts but the thumbnails are not available in new language’ is closed to new replies.