This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 4, 2019 at 3:43 pm #3740653

imadK-2

I am trying to: translate all listing in an Automotive theme

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: the translted values appeared in the pages (cars), and I expected to have them always

Instead, I got: the values untranslated again!

May 5, 2019 at 5:39 pm #3743599

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

First, it is important for me to mention that the Automotive Car Dealership Business theme by themesuite (hidden link) is not officially compatible with WPML.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/
Not being on this list does not mean that it is not compatible it just means we do not know yet if it is. But according to other forum tickets, I can see that we already have some known issues. For example this forum ticket.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/missing-translation-links/

As a first step of debugging this issue, I would like to ask you to correct the following.
By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation).
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform that procedure and see if it help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 9, 2019 at 2:56 am #3772395

imadK-2

Hi,
Actually I increased the memory limitations, however the problem still exist!
In addition I noticed that the already translated itelms(ex.listings) need to be re-trasnlated.
My tactic was to translate all strings then use this while translating individual items, however now the translations are missing (in WPML - string translations, first image) and the alreadz translated items are mixed (the attached image).
Please let me know how can I proceed.
Best regards,

May 12, 2019 at 5:16 am #3792391

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

It seems that we have here two issues.
1. The strings translations are not showing or are not being saved.
2. Custom fields from the Automotive theme or Automotive Listings plugin are showing mixed translations (the translations is showing but not for the right original value).
Could you please confirm that these are the issues that we are dealing with?
I'm not certain whether the issues are coming from the Automotive theme itself or the Automotive Listings plugin.
Can you please tell me where the untranslated strings (issue 1) come from?
And also please tell me where the custom fields field-mullti_option (issue 2) come from?

Please let me have access to your site and explain to me exactly how I can see and replicate the problem on your site.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 16, 2019 at 6:41 pm #3828997

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

Thanks for the links to where I can see the issue. I still suspect that this is a compatibility issue with this theme. I say it because, for example, there is an option in the Listing Categories screen to register WPML terms. Please see the attached screenshot. This option is not coming from WPML.

To help you better, I need to be able to replicate the issue, not just to see it.
Could you please give me the exact steps of how to see the issue?
A. For issue 1, please specify a few strings which are not working and where I can see them on the front-end. For clarity, please attach some screenshots.
B. For issue 2, please tell me where I can insert t values in those custom fields and see that their translations are in the wrong order.
Please tell me: do 1. 2. 3...

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 17, 2019 at 10:36 pm #3837211

imadK-2

Hi,
Please stop blamming the theme or any other issue!

For 1:here is an example of missing translation
hidden link
(attached image), have you read the previouse clarifications? should I re-translate everything and then let you see that they are lost again.

For 2: again how can I show how to replicate it! I have no idea how this happened but it is the case.

Since I alreay invested a lot of time explaning more or again the same issues,
Please make a clear statement if you are able to support at all, I already shared everthing related to this BIG problem from my side.

Regards,

May 20, 2019 at 12:41 pm #3846859

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Yes, I'm able to support this case. But it is essential for me to understand the problem entirely. I'm not blaming the theme. I'm trying to understand how it is built and works. And I do it to be able to report the compatibility issues that it has with WPML so I could explain them to our compatibility team. And the primary goal of all this is to help you continue with your work on the site and that it will function properly.

Now, from your last reply, I understand that what is getting lost is the listing itself. For example, all of a sudden you lose and can't see all the details of the car as you show in the listing3.png screenshot. I'm sorry that I didn't get the issue before. I was looking for specific strings that are lost.
Am I correct about the problem this time?

I've recorded a video in which I'm trying to get the English translation of the listing (Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI 115 POWERSHIFT TREND KOMBI (115HK), Diesel, Automat, 11147mil, 2013) show again. I could see that the translation is not 100% complete, so I've finished the translation. But before that, I made one of the option strings (listings_options) not translatable because I think it does not need to be translatable. And in any case, it is hard to translate it the way it is. Please see this video here. hidden link

After making this video, I've continued to understand how your theme works. Now I understand it better. I can see that the fact that the translation of the Listings Options (for example, CD-Stereo, Airbag driver) is not showing in the correct place in the Translation Editor is not affecting the translation on the front-end. I thought that maybe adding another option causes the listing (car, Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI) disappear on the front-end. But I can see that it doesn't cause that. Please see the second video that I've recorded here hidden link

From all this information, please let me know if the issue of the disappearing listing (car, Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI) happens again. And what else do you expect to be corrected?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 20, 2019 at 5:30 pm #3849353

imadK-2

Hi,

1- You simply commited uncorrect or mixed translations (video 1), have you checked them? Are you sure at least that the mix doesnt cover values from other listings?
Next, does it mean that these values will no be stored to be used again to avoid re-translating them again?

2-I am 100% of translating all values from the listing
hidden link

Are you able to recover these values?
In addition, I see now 6 additional values from the last time (I provided 0 modifications since that time) (image attached)
What about them?

Thanks and regards,

May 21, 2019 at 10:35 pm #3858961

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I don't speak or read Swedish. It might be that I've missed something. I'll double check the Features and Options list with Google translate.

I was not able to recover those values.

Those additional 6 values were there the first time that I've checked the String Translation section and I didn't add them or know how they have been added.

I see now that the Automotive parent theme is not updated to its latest version.
Could you please update it?
Since this theme is not officially compatible with WPML and I already suspect that this is a compatibility issue I'm going to need to test what happens on a clean WordPress installation. I'm sorry if you think again that I'm blaming the theme again but this is our regular procedure when debugging compatibility issues. Otherwise, our compatibility team will not be able to help on this issue. I hope that you can understand this.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 21, 2019 at 10:36 pm #3858969

Itamar
Supporter

Changing status to 'Assigned'.

May 22, 2019 at 5:24 pm #3868293

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've compared all the 'Funktioner och alternativ' on the Swedish listing here.
hidden link
To the 'Features & Options' on the English listing here.
hidden link
And I've found that they match. There are no values from other listings. If you think otherwise, please correct me. I believe that the mix of translations occurred because of that field that was not supposed to be there, as I've already mentioned.

You asked: "Next, does it mean that these values will no be stored to be used again to avoid re-translating them again?"
I've checked this issue and what I have found is that Strings that their English translation is the same as the Swedish string will need to be translated again. But strings which are not the same will appear in the translation when you create a new listing and translate it. For example, AC, ISOFIX, CD-Stereo would need to be copied to the English translation. But Färddator, Centrallås (fjärrstyrt), Motorvärmare would include the translation in the English side. I've checked it by creating a new test listing. Please see the attached screenshot new-listing.jpg. In the screenshot, we can see two strings (Ifylld servicebok, Elfönsterhissar (fram)) which do not contain translation in the English side (I've marked them with a question mark). When I investigated why it is happening, I've found out that those strings show twice in the String Translation section. Please see the attached screenshot Elfönsterhissar.jpg and Electric-windows.jpg. The solution for this would be to switch the language of the Swedish string into Swedish. Please see the attached screenshot swithc-string-lang.jpg. And then complete the translation Please see the attached screenshot complete-trans.jpg.

You have mentioned: "I am 100% of translating all values from the listing
hidden link"

Please 100% complete everything when you are switching the strings into Swedish and then translating them into English. If you have double English strings, please delete them. But if strings are returning to be in English again and lose their translation, then please let me know about it.

Thanks,
Itamar.

P.S. I've deleted the test listing that I created.

May 26, 2019 at 3:45 pm #3891921

imadK-2

Hi,
To summarize the issues:
1- You were not able to solve the issues, neither to identify the reason(s).
2- You proposed to reinstall the plugins in order to check the compatibility with my theme…
Ok, thanks, no need to reply further. This is not what I was expecting from a paid plugin with a support.
I will find out myself how to fix it.

Regards,

May 27, 2019 at 10:58 am #3896285

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm sorry that this how you feel about the support.
I'll close ticket now, but if you need any further help from us, please open a new ticket in our forum.

Best Regards,
Itamar.