We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
April 26, 2019 at 10:33 am #3689825

jacquesL-15

I am trying to: to edit in arab the menu primary and footer, i see its translated but not appear on page.

April 26, 2019 at 2:34 pm #3691573

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

If the issue persists then I recommend you to visit this link and follow the steps described to translate the menus: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Kind regards,
Carlos

April 26, 2019 at 5:18 pm #3692631

jacquesL-15

Hi,i try what you need. hi read your link, but nothing worked or change.

can you check if i make good thing?

i really need that fix soon,

thanks for your time

jack

April 26, 2019 at 7:29 pm #3693033

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Jack,
Thank you very much for your message.

In this case I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

April 27, 2019 at 12:17 pm #3695347

jacquesL-15

hi, do you find something since yesterday about problem with menu?

if you fix that today i can continu to work on my website.

regards

jack

April 27, 2019 at 12:41 pm #3695423

jacquesL-15

second question. since you answer the first one: my arab page dont look same of my original french page. i search how change page in arb, and how add, for exemple, slider, only on arab page. you have tutorial, video, for date?

jack

April 27, 2019 at 4:26 pm #3695839

jacquesL-15

hi, since you answer, i have found problem. the page and menu are good, but when i use the selector of language (header) that redirect on wrong page. how i can set parent (french page) with good translation child page (arabic and english) ?

regards

April 29, 2019 at 6:30 pm #3706081

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

1.- Regarding the translation of the menus, I kindly ask you to visit this link where you will find our official documentation about this subject: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Regarding the footer, please visit this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

On the links shared above you will find the steps to follow in order to correctly translate both menus and wigets (for the footer).

2.- As the original issue is different from the last two messages I kindly ask you to open a new ticket per issue describing how to reproduce this problems. This way we will be following the forum's rule of having one ticket per issue, it will also help future clients to find answers to similar questions and you will get a better support experience.

Thank you very much for your understanding!
Best regards,
Carlos

April 29, 2019 at 9:39 pm #3706745

jacquesL-15

thanks, i read and i see its not the menu the problem. i have open new ticket about that.

but for.. Minimum requirements are 128Mb.. i give information you ask. do you have resolved problem?

regards

April 30, 2019 at 1:47 pm #3711865

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Yes, I increased the memory limit to meet our minimum requirements.

Best regards,
Carlos