Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stephenG-6 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
January 5, 2021 at 1:53 am #7776591

stephenG-6

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I was trying to translate strings I was not able to find after turning off the website continue to be very slow and get "Hosting Server Connect Timeout"

Is there any documentation that you are following?
The documentation from WPML

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

January 5, 2021 at 1:27 pm #7780449

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML support forums. I’ll be glad to help you today.

I think you mean that you enabled the “Track where strings appear on the site” feature in WPML-> String Translation, and it affected badly on your website’s speed. Could you please check this page? (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#track-where-strings-appear-on-the-site)

You can see this warning Your site’s speed will be significantly lower if you keep this option running in production mode., so could you please check that this feature is disabled?

If it’s disabled, I recommend that you clear your website, server, and browser cache and recheck the speed. However, I tried to measure your site’s speed, and it was very good. (Kindly check this hidden link)

Could you please clear the cache and measure the speed again and tell me if there is any difference?

I hope this reply helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Thanks,
Osama

January 5, 2021 at 11:27 pm #7783173

stephenG-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!