This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 19, 2018 at 6:07 am #2747306

lineworksK

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi there.
I'm using WPML on my website.(origin : Korean, translated: Japanese)
I wanna never show Korean when browser language is Japanese.
But sometimes is showing.

1. Broken link like /page_id=12345 is redirected to Korean 404 page even if browser language is Japanese.

2. Stick Link Plugin is not working at Elementor Plugin. When I use <a href="" /> at Elementor Plugin, always redirected to original langauge page.

3. I already set 'Always redirect visitors based on browser language(redirect to home page if translations are missing)'.
But 'redirect to home page if translations are missing' is not working. It redirect to original language page. not home page.

How can I fix it?

Thank You.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

September 19, 2018 at 10:59 pm #2750161

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

>>> 1. Broken link like /page_id=12345 is redirected to Korean 404 page even if browser language is Japanese.

Are these secondary language strings on page 404, translated? I tried to access your site but I could not. It looks like your site is inaccessible.

Depending on the theme, it may be that this page needs to be created or at least the translated strings. Following these steps, does the problem persist?

On your other issues, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] I wanna never show original language when browser language is translated languag’ is closed to new replies.