This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 54 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by hlaingM 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
April 22, 2019 at 4:25 am #3653895

hlaingM

I am trying to: get the translated hierarchy taxonomy texts based on the customized order/arrangement

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (next to the SEARCH button, currently re-arranged based on the foreign language alphabetical order)

I expected to see: original customized order for the translated taxonomy texts

Instead, I got: re-arrangement of the translated taxonomy based on EITHER the English OR the foreign language translation.

April 22, 2019 at 5:27 pm #3657433

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm not sure that I understand the issue. Could you please tell me what I am supposed to see next to the 'Search' button? Please see the attached screenshot of what I see now.

Also, could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read the detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 22, 2019 at 5:53 pm #3657597

hlaingM

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I wrote down comments (explanations) on the 2 images. Please let me know if you still need clarification on my question.

Thanks,
Hlaing

April 23, 2019 at 2:17 pm #3664577

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I think that I understand a little bit better, but I'm not sure that I understand entirely.
Please tell me if I'm correct.
On the English page here hidden link the order of the taxonomy is Ok. But when you start to translate the taxonomies into Burmese, the order is not correct.
Am I right?

Also please tell me why here hidden link the first 5 taxonomies are translated and the rest are English?
What have you set for this taxonomy in WPML -> Settings -> Taxonomies Translation?
Which of the following options are selected?
'Translatable - only show translated items' or 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language'.

Could you please also add the debug info as I requested?

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 23, 2019 at 3:30 pm #3665559

hlaingM

Please tell me if I'm correct.
On the English page here hidden link the order of the taxonomy is Ok. But when you start to translate the taxonomies into Burmese, the order is not correct.
Am I right?
-That's right. Please note that that taxonomy is NOT ordered by English alphabetical order.

Also please tell me why here hidden link the first 5 taxonomies are translated and the rest are English?
I am not finished with translating English. I will resume after I fix the taxonomy order issue. Otherwise, I might have to start over.

What have you set for this taxonomy in WPML -> Settings -> Taxonomies Translation?
Which of the following options are selected?
'Translatable - only show translated items' or 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language'.

-Image (attached)

Could you please also add the debug info as I requested?
-Attached

April 23, 2019 at 5:55 pm #3666683

hlaingM

Hi,

I answered your questions above. I also attached an image where you can see the taxonomy settings.

Along with that, I have other question that may or may not be related to this.

The users of my site will post ads and comments. I am NOT going to translate those posts by the users. However, I want to have "translate" option for machine-translation when a visitor reads an ad or a post. Is that possible? Thank you.

April 24, 2019 at 4:05 pm #3675015

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

The Add Category is set to 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language'. Please set it to 'Translatable - only show translated items'. Then sync the taxonomy hierarchy and check if the order is correct.

Note: you are using a cache plugin on your site. Please deactivate the plugin and clear all cache from your site when you try that.

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 24, 2019 at 5:14 pm #3675487

hlaingM

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I followed your instructions regarding the deactivation of the cache plugin and the hard clearing of the cache.

I also set the ad categories to 'Translatable - only show translated items'.

Here are the results. The taxonomy is still ordered according to the English Alphabetical order at the back end (WPML> taxonomy translation > Category Translation tab>).

At the front-end where I, upon clicking Burmese, used to see what I showed you the first time, I now see the following message.

"404 NOT FOUND
Oops! That page can't be found.
It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try a search?"

April 25, 2019 at 5:56 am #3678927

hlaingM

Hi, I wrote down comments above. To help us trouble shoot the issue better, I deactivated all the WPML and associated plugins. And I get what you see in the image. You see the translation of CAR(RENTAL). I used WPML plugin to do that translation (5 lines). The following 2 issues can be observed.

(1) the translation is not replacing the source text

(2) The sub-categories are not in accordance with the order of the source text. (For example, the translation of the sub-category "I am looking for this type of car" which is at the last position in the source text is now appearing in the 2nd place.

Thanks.

April 26, 2019 at 4:13 am #3687527

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

HI,

Itamar is off for the day I will handling this ticket while he is away, I hope that is okay with you.

Reading the discussion I have few more question please clarify, By default the taxonomy is either ordered based on Alphabetical order or by the date of creation, You have mentioned the English is not listed based on Alphabetical order, can you please confirm whether you use any custom functionality to order the taxonomy? Please let me know where to look into the details.

Please share temporary access to your site. I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

April 26, 2019 at 12:50 pm #3690747

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification,

Please go to Ads > Taxonomy order, Change the language to "Burmese" from the top bar, Once the language is changed you can see the list of Burmese Ad Category, You can change the order or Burmese category.

I don't find any other way to synchronize the taxonomy order. I have made a test change, hope you can see the difference.

kind regards
Raja

April 26, 2019 at 4:38 pm #3692325

hlaingM

Hi Raja,

Thank you very much. I followed what you suggested and I was able to customize the translated taxonomy order. However, as you can see in the image, the ads from the database tied to each ad-category are not tied to the corresponding translated ad-category. I circled the number of ads that is tied to each-category on the left, in comparison to the number in the corresponding translated category.

Sincerely,
Hlaing

April 29, 2019 at 8:37 am #3701157

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

HI,

Glad your initial issue resolved. The count reflects the number of ads, I can see that you have only translated the categories and the ads are not translated and hence you see the count as '0'. Once you translate ad to the myanmer language you can see the count in the corresponding translated category section.

I hope this clarifies your question, Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

April 29, 2019 at 9:20 am #3701501

hlaingM

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The contents in the ads (posted by the users) are not supposed to be translated. Whether the visitors of the site click/choose the default English language (or) the secondary language switch, the same ad should appear.

April 29, 2019 at 12:23 pm #3703123

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Please go to WPML > Settings > Post type translation in Ads post type select the option " Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" Also in the same page under Taxonomy translation change the Ad category to the same option as above.

Please, let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja