This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to use same slug in original pages and in translations

Solution: Yes, it's possible for pages/posts to have the same slug across languages.

For the custom page/post to have the same slug, go to WPML=>Settings => Translated documents options=> and select 2nd or 3rd option as per your need : https://take.ms/3TigH

After this option is saved now you can go to your secondary language post/page and within edit by the permalink you can click edit and edit the slug: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-custom-permalinks-in-wordpress/ (check method 2 here)

0% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hussamA-3 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 18, 2019 at 6:20 pm #4599517

hussamA-3

Hi I was using wpml using the SLUG translation enabled, which have changed slug of all pages/posts and products into arabic which turned the URL to show strange characters like following.

hidden link

I have disabled the slug translation
But let me know how can I fix this URLs to show slug in English and not in Arabic
like this

hidden link

Please reply.

Regards

September 19, 2019 at 4:36 am #4601247

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Yes, it's possible for pages/posts to have the same slug across languages.

For the custom page/post to have the same slug, go to WPML=>Settings => Translated documents options=> and select 2nd or 3rd option as per your need : hidden link

After this option is saved now you can go to your secondary language post/page and within edit by the permalink you can click edit and edit the slug: hidden link (check method 2 here)

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Riffaz.

September 19, 2019 at 1:38 pm #4605433

hussamA-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!