This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.41 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to use same slug in original pages and in translations

Solution: Yes, it's possible for pages/posts to have the same slug across languages.

For the custom page/post to have the same slug, go to WPML=>Settings => Translated documents options=> and select 2nd or 3rd option as per your need : https://take.ms/3TigH

After this option is saved now you can go to your secondary language post/page and within edit by the permalink you can click edit and edit the slug: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-custom-permalinks-in-wordpress/ (check method 2 here)

0% of people find this useful.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hussamA-3 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 18, 2019 at 6:20 pm #4599517

hussamA-3

Hi I was using wpml using the SLUG translation enabled, which have changed slug of all pages/posts and products into arabic which turned the URL to show strange characters like following.

hidden link

I have disabled the slug translation
But let me know how can I fix this URLs to show slug in English and not in Arabic
like this

hidden link

Please reply.

Regards

September 19, 2019 at 4:36 am #4601247

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Yes, it's possible for pages/posts to have the same slug across languages.

For the custom page/post to have the same slug, go to WPML=>Settings => Translated documents options=> and select 2nd or 3rd option as per your need : hidden link

After this option is saved now you can go to your secondary language post/page and within edit by the permalink you can click edit and edit the slug: hidden link (check method 2 here)

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Riffaz.

September 19, 2019 at 1:38 pm #4605433

hussamA-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!