This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
February 3, 2019 at 11:19 am #3155273

mihajloJ

I managed to do this on another site and it worked perfectly but sadly on this one that I am trying now I can't figure out maybe it is becuase of the theme, now I'll provide you with a few images, then you could briefly see what I am trying to say.

February 4, 2019 at 1:42 pm #3157831

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Mihajlo,

By default, the language switcher can hook to a menu, to a widget or it can be added to the footer area using the options from WPML. However, when you want to add it on a certain area, not connected to a menu or to a widget, you need to do some custom changes. All you have to do is follow the steps presented here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/designing-custom-language-switchers-using-template-files/ in order to create a custom language switcher. I checked a little bit the elements of your website and I think that you can hook to the div from the top of the page with the class

btVerticalHeaderTop

that's visible when the hamburger menu is active (and that contains the menu button and the logo on the left). You'll just have to create the custom language switcher and add it to this area.

The topic ‘[Closed] I want the language switcher out of hamburger menu’ is closed to new replies.