This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I want to change translation priority of some strings in a Gravity Form package.

No Solution:

There is no way to change the priority of only a few strings that belong to a string package. You would need to change the priority of all the strings from a particular package.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
July 24, 2018 at 1:10 pm

mathiasK-11

WPML is pulling in 465 strings for a Gravity Form form that only has 10 fields. The majority of the strings don't need to be translated, but when I go in to change translation priority on specific strings, I get this message "You have selected strings belonging to a package. Please select all strings from the affected package or unselect these strings." Is there no way to change translation priority of specific strings in a Gravity Forms form? Thanks!

July 25, 2018 at 1:20 pm #2579617
mathiasK-11

I want to append another request from our client related to this issue. On the WPML -> Translations -> Edit screen where you can check off "Translation is complete" it would be very helpful to have an checkbox labeled "Mark all as complete." Thanks!

July 25, 2018 at 6:50 pm #2581448

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

I'm sorry, but there is no way to change the priority of only a few strings that belong to a string package. You would need to change the priority of all the strings from a particular package.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

July 26, 2018 at 7:16 pm #2585886

mathiasK-11

Thanks for looking into this. I wish WPML could change the way this works to save us quite a bit of time.

August 11, 2019 at 11:21 pm #4377667

chuckB

For what it's worth, I too agree that this needs to change. There are many strings that should not be translated, values and admin labels foe example. It would be great if I could select the strings that need to be translated and assign them to a translator to avoid errors that would impact our business logic and reporting.

August 13, 2019 at 1:31 pm #4388505

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Please use the following link to suggest a new feature.
https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

Best Regards,
Itamar.