This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lamjaredM 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 12:46 pm

lamjaredM

Hi,
I am trying to translate some elements from a membership plugin registration page to Arabic , but the registration form no longer shows password fields, and the only way to fix this is to re-write the English password translation for Arabic. But I do not know how to modify this option because it is simply not modifiable. In other words how to put "Password" and "Confirm Password" in all languages
Thank you

August 26, 2019 at 1:59 pm
August 27, 2019 at 8:29 pm #4469591

lamjaredM

it's been two days since I broke my head to find a solution to my problem that puts all my project in danger and nothing on the horizon.
I could not even reproduce the problem on your servers because I can not find the option (string translation).
Now, I just want you to give me a solution to go back and put the word "password" instead of the word "كلمة السر" to hope to review fields of the password (pic 2).
Please help me and thank you

August 28, 2019 at 8:38 am #4472381

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

I am really sorry if we gave you the feeling that this is not advancing. I'll do my best to help you resolve the issue.

To change "كلمة السر" into "password", Select the string and click on change language at the bottom of the table then choose English. I wanted to test that from my end, but the provided login/password are not working.

To resolve the issue, I suggest to offer a server in our platform and give you instructions to migrate your website there, then we can investigate the issue deeply and deploy any found solution into your website. Let me know what do you think.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 28, 2019 at 10:00 am #4472961

lamjaredM

the idea is i dont want to see the arabic "كلمة السر" in any language

August 28, 2019 at 12:03 pm #4474093

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

To change the labels for the default fields please follow this article from the plugin's website.
hidden link

Best regards,
Jamal

August 28, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4474225

lamjaredM

I've tried this two days ago and upload file through filezilla and wpml, but this little Arabic phrase don't want to go !!! It is possible that wpml protects it against any foreign modification ?

August 28, 2019 at 12:40 pm #4474271

lamjaredM

by the way, i've totaly deleted the UMP plugin, and it still recognized by wpml. How can i delete all data linked to UMP from wpml ?

August 28, 2019 at 1:40 pm #4474681

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

As per the current settings, WPML is using the database for string translation rather than mo. files(translation files). See attached image(string-translation-settings.png). In WPML->Theme and plugins localization(تعريب القالب والملحقات).

You can delete strings by selecting them then click on the delete button. See the attached image(delete-strings.png).

Best regards,
Jamal

August 28, 2019 at 2:11 pm #4475013

lamjaredM

I did it and strings come back alone !!
Well, I was surgical this time and and removed all the plugin, then erase the strings in question. Then I reinstalled UMP, and the boxes are back ... So I'll maybe leave them like that without translation or change completely this Plugin because they would not lie to people saying that their plugin is compatible with wpml
by the way, what is the most compatible membership with wplm ?
Thank you anyway for your help

August 28, 2019 at 2:20 pm #4475109

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

The plugin is not listed within our compatibility database. See the link below for the compatible plugins that are listed in our database.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=member&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Best regards,
Jamal

August 28, 2019 at 2:39 pm #4475163

lamjaredM

My issue is partially resolved now. Thank you!