This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sebastianT-2 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
February 19, 2020 at 2:02 pm #5524511

sebastianT-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I want to export the whole site in a XLIFF file containing both TARGET and SOURCE languages. Currently I can only get a XLIFF file with 1 language.

For example, in our website primary language is English and secondary Spanish. I want to get a XLIFF file (or another format) with both English and Spanish content.

Thanks.

February 19, 2020 at 11:33 pm #5528195

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. In order for you to export the translation with the XLIFF file, you must first be sure that the translation was done and then, using Translation Management, you can send the content for translation and then export as XLIFF. Please see more details in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/configuring-xliff-file-options/. Follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Translation Management
- Select the desired content
- Send the content to the translation
- Click on the WPML > Translations
- Select and export the XLIFF files

Following these steps, you should see the translated content (if the translation has been done and completed). Could you please check if this is working as desired?

Thank you.

February 20, 2020 at 8:57 pm #5536315

sebastianT-2

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your support to explain me how to get the XLIFF file. But following these steps I get thes XLIFF file with just one language. I need the XLIFF file with two languages: the main language and the translation.

Let me explain a bit more my case:

My site is already translated from English to Spanish. I want to get the XLIFF file containing the two languages (English and Spanish). I don't need the XLIFF for translation because the translation is already done. I need this XLIFF file with two languages to process it in another software.

Is it possible to do it with WPML or a WPML add-on?

Thanks.

February 21, 2020 at 4:04 pm #5542527

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

This should only be possible with the steps I posted above. Unfortunately, it is not possible to export to XLIFF if it is not through the Translations page.

After following the steps I posted above, saving the translation again and exporting the content, you can't see the translated "target" tag inside the translated XLIFF?

I will attach some images for you to see. Here is the translated XLIFF (see markings): https://pastebin.com/qCRqy7TJ

Thank you.

February 21, 2020 at 5:27 pm #5543179

sebastianT-2

Hi Bruno,

I followed the steps you described and I get the ZIP file.

However, when I try to open it I get and error message "Can not open file". I did on several computers using 7zip, WinRaR and the Windows built-in ZIP utility. Seems the ZIP file is corrupted. I tried to export just one XLIFF file and all filtered jobs with same results.

Do you know what can be happening?

February 21, 2020 at 11:16 pm #5544301

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. I am not sure why this is happening. Please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

If the problem still exists, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

February 26, 2020 at 8:56 pm #5574397

sebastianT-2

There's an incompatibility with Porto Theme. After changing to default theme the generated ZIP file was downloaded correctly.

Thank Bruno for your help!