Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
December 16, 2015 at 9:06 am #770283

cliffD

I am trying to:
set different images per language in the woocommerce multilangual admin interface. The native Product Translation Interface does not work for the customer: there are warnings shows in the admin interface and he has to click:"Translate independantly". Unfortunately there are reports from the client that translations are missing or going wrong. So I turned the Woocommerce multilangual Product Translation Interface back on. I excpected to be able to add an image per translation, but this is not possible in the Woocommerce multilangual Product Translation Interface.
I tested the translations after setting the Woocommerce multilangual Product Translation Interface and it worked fine. Only it is not possible to add an image per translation.. You can only translate the name and description.

URL of (my) website where problem appears:

hidden link

December 17, 2015 at 6:56 am #771182

Dat Hoang

WCML does not support that because it's not usually to have different images across languages. By default, you can not change your images for your products.

However, you can change if you want. Please follow these steps:

* Go to WPML->Media translation,
** uncheck "Duplicate featured images for translations" for not duplicating feature images
** uncheck "Duplicate media attachments for translations" for not duplicating gallery images

* Go to WPML > WooCommerce Multilingual > select "Go to the native WooCommerce product editing screen"

* Go to the native WooCommerce product editing screen of your translations > Change featured and gallery images.

-------

Yes, we had a bug in duplicating products, but it was fixed in the current versions of WPML and WCML.

"Translate independently" does not help in this case because the image fields are controlled by another plugin WPML Media (like I described above).