This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
May 18, 2019 at 10:18 am #3838661

Michele

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to have each language use the same featured image I set in the primary

In one of the screenshots you can see my settings under WPML > Settings > Media Translations.

In the other, you can see that when I go to edit a product the media attachment settings are unchecked; is it possible to have those checked by default?

Furthermore, with those settings checked, when I add a featured image to the product page and click on update, this image is not used on the secondary language.
To have it on the secondary language, I need to click on update a second time.. or I need to open the translation editor and save.
Why is that?

May 20, 2019 at 8:45 am #3844965

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Just to confirm: if you activate the option 'Duplicate featured image to translations' the issue persists?

Kind regards,
Carlos

May 20, 2019 at 12:40 pm #3846855

Michele

correct.

with both settings :
'Duplicate featured image to translations'
'Duplicate uploaded media to translations'
checked, when I add a featured image to the product page and click on update, this image is not used on the secondary language.
To have it on the secondary language, I need to click on update a second time.. or I need to open the translation editor and save.

May 20, 2019 at 2:45 pm #3848105

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

In this case I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

May 22, 2019 at 9:48 am #3863917

Michele

I cannot do that, but thank you for the offer.

May 22, 2019 at 9:54 am #3864035

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

In this case I can't see the issue. I can only recommend you to activate the debug mode on the site following the steps described in this link: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress and let me know if there is some error in the debog.log file within wp-content folder.

Regards,
Carlos

May 22, 2019 at 9:56 am #3864059

Michele

thank you Carlos.
No errors in the debug.log
I guess I'll just have to live with this issue.

May 22, 2019 at 10:14 am #3864149

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your message.

There is still this set of steps that can help us isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update any outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Regards,
Carlos