Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 days, 13 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
October 9, 2019 at 1:19 am #4718511

raymondL-6

I am trying to: Import WooCommerce product translations in a second language using WP All Import.

Import setting:
hidden link

Import file:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
Linked product translations

Instead, I got: not linked to existing default language products.

October 10, 2019 at 6:04 am #4727471

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

This may be happening because of the older version of the WPML plugins. Please upgrade to the latest version(4.2.9) after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

I hope you are following the exact steps described in the below documentation.

https://wpml.org/2018/10/import-multilingual-content-with-wpml-and-wp-all-import/

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/#how-to-import-woocommerce-products

Also please refer to the detailed documentation from WP All import

- How to import WooCommerce products
hidden link

- How to import WooCommerce Variable product
hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 11, 2019 at 1:18 am #4734533

raymondL-6

Hi, I can't update the plugin. How to fix it? thanks

October 11, 2019 at 12:47 pm #4738349

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. You are getting Update failed: undefined error because of the installer caches. Please try the following steps after a site backup

1) Go to Plugins>>Add New>>Commercial
2) Press the *Check for updates* button
3) Then try to upgrade the plugins from Commercial page
4) If the issue exists, go to https://wpml.org/account/sites/ look for your current key and erase it.
5) Create a new one for your site.
6) Go to Plugins>>Add New>>Commercial
7) Click on the *Unregister WPML from this site* button
8) Register WPML adding your new key
9) Then try to upgrade the plugins from Commercial page

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 14, 2019 at 5:37 am #4746975

raymondL-6

Hi, I have successfully updated wpml plugin, Thx!
I try to import csv again, still not linked to existing default language products.

October 14, 2019 at 12:12 pm #4749671

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 16, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4766873

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. One doubt. In All Import>>Manage Imports section only one import task is existing and it is for Chinese.

Have you deleted the rest of the import tasks because of the issue? Or is it a staging site for our testing?

Please check the attached image for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 17, 2019 at 1:17 am #4769317

raymondL-6

Hi, the import file is for testing purpose. It can be deleted. If you want to test the import function, please use the csv file I provided, Thx

October 17, 2019 at 1:59 pm #4774501

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have tried to import the English CSV file. But it is creating the products in English without connecting with the Chinese products. Please check the attached images.

Therefore I would like to try another round of testing with it. Can I try after deactivating a few plugins of your staging site? Please let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 18, 2019 at 12:44 am #4777627

raymondL-6

Hi,
Can I try after deactivating a few plugins of your staging site? <---- ok thanks!!

October 18, 2019 at 11:23 am #4781343

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. I am continuing the testing on this. As a part of our escalation process, I have tried to reproduce the issue in a fresh installation. But it works on a fresh installation and only one product is added. Please check the following test site URL.

hidden link

On your site when I run the Chinese Traditional Import file it is updating the already existing products. If I run the English Import file it is creating new Products. But the Jabra Products of Chinese Traditional language is already translated.

So you are expecting the existing English Translations will update if you run the English Import file, am I right?

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 21, 2019 at 1:19 am #4790443

raymondL-6

We don't need to update the product info when we run the English Import file. For Jabra Products, it is possible that it is translated to English in my testing but did not rollback.
About your testing result in our site, do you mean that the Chinese Traditional Import file and English Import file are successfully run?

October 21, 2019 at 2:09 pm #4795131

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Please check the attached images. Now I am getting the following results.

a) When I import Chinese Traditional CSV files, it updates the already existing Jabra products in Chinese Traditional language

b) When I import English CSV files, it creates or updates the already existing Jabra products in English. But those English products are not related or linked to the existing Chinese Traditional Jabra products

But in a fresh installation, I am almost getting the expected results. Therefore checking about the issue with our developers now. We have a request. Please allow us to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 28, 2019 at 4:05 am #4836099

raymondL-6

Please allow us to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server. <--- OK, Please install duplicator plugin on hidden link, Thanks!

October 28, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4841243

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the permission. But I am not able to login to the site because of *Error: Invalid Password*. Have you changed the credentials? Please check.

--
Thanks!

Bigul