Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
September 16, 2020 at 11:16 am

michaelZ-12

I want to refresh translations of the home page but I cannot succeed

September 16, 2020 at 12:40 pm
September 17, 2020 at 12:50 pm #7036861

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

I will be taking over this ticket.

Let me know how it goes and if you still have an issue when all other plugins disabled, only WPML plugin active. For example, sometimes some security plugins can block communication with database.

As for the "Show Differences" button it displays the previous version of the content that have been modified, similar to the WordPress "Revisions" function. It is very useful when the original page is modified and then it is necessary to update the translations.

Please let me know how it goes and if you still have issues share URL where I can see it.

Thanks,
Drazen

September 18, 2020 at 12:57 pm #7045947

michaelZ-12

Hi Drazen,

I followed the suggested solution and the part of not showing up all shortcodes is resolved:
After disabling/clearing the cache through the host’s panel, I made a small change to all the modules and this resulted that all shortcodes appeared for translation so I was able to translate and save them. It seems that the problem was the cache so far.

To overcome the mixed-up in the "Show Differences" I tried all over the above in a restored backup when previously I had disabled all plugins. The issue persisted so I rearranged the modules, saved the page, rearranged the modules again in the original order, saved the page again (in another round I just made a change in the design tab of a module). As a result the spinning arrows appeared, so I entered the Translation Editor and the "Show Differences" button had disappeared. So it seems that some kind of triggering is needed after finishing a translation so to refresh the connection between the “base language” and the “translation” boxes in terms of checking the existence of differences. May I expect a feature request to Divi developers and a notification when this issue is resolved by them?

Regards,

September 21, 2020 at 6:36 am #7056013

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

Glad to hear your issue is now solved.

But, I am not sure about which feature request you mean.

"Show Differences" button displays the previous version of the content that have been modified, similar to the WordPress "Revisions" function. It is very useful when the original page is modified and then it is necessary to update the translations.

This happens when you have made changes to the default language page but translation is not updated, and for example, you change again content on the default language and then go to update content via translation editor, it shows a difference in content between first-time translation should be updated and now.

To avoid it, you should always update translation and make sure it is translated 100%, after every small change to the default language page.

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

September 21, 2020 at 10:28 am #7058341
michaelZ-12

Hi Drazen,

Please be sure that I understand how the "Show Differences" works. What I’m saying is that it works incorrectly when a new module is added. The old modules that come in structure after the module added, compare their (unchanged) current text not with their (unchanged) text before the new module addition but with the text of another module (mixed-up). So when a new module is added, WPML needs an automated mechanism to put things in the right order and compare each module with itself.

Regards,

New threads created by Dražen Duvnjak and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-show-differences-works-incorrectly-when-a-new-module-is-added/

September 21, 2020 at 12:44 pm #7059711

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hey,

thanks for getting back.

Since the original issue was solved and to keep things clear I have opened a new ticket for this:

- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-show-differences-works-incorrectly-when-a-new-module-is-added/

Let's continue our conversation on this topic there, and investigate it further.

I will close this ticket now.

Kind regards,
Drazen