Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
March 2, 2020 at 1:56 pm #5599769

carlotaC

I'm trying to remove external translations jobs.

To have quotation I had to send two providers the jobs so they can estimate. Finally we are doing internally, but I'm unable to do it.

How can I remove cancelled jobs from Alfabeta and remove translations jobs from Language Insights?

Until I can do this we cannot translate the site and is blocking us.

Thanks.
Diego

March 3, 2020 at 4:15 am #5604621

Riffaz

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Alfabeta
please refer : https://wpml.org/translation-service/alfabeta/#canceling-jobs

If for any reason, you want to cancel the translation of the pages sent from WPML to AlfaBeta, bear in mind that:

You cannot manually delete or cancel jobs from the Translation Jobs tab on your website.
The project can be canceled only by AlfaBeta. To do this, please contactAlfaBeta directly.
Depending on your Translation Pickup mode configuration, the cancellation request can be sent to your website automatically through XML-RPC. Otherwise, you must click the Check status and get translations button on the Translation Dashboard tab to refresh the status and see the changes.

As a result, WPML will remove all canceled jobs from the Translation Jobs tab.

Please check and let me know the results.

Regards,
Riffaz.

March 3, 2020 at 8:26 am #5605807

carlotaC

Hi Rifazz,

I've spoken to Alfabeta and Language Insights. They have cancelled the jobs. The Alfabeta jobs seems as cancelled now, but the Language Insights jobs, seems as in progress. I've spoken to them and they have cancelled them.

What can we do now?

I'm still unable to translate myself

March 3, 2020 at 12:02 pm #5607437

Riffaz

Hi,

but the Language Insights jobs,
- could you please show me a screenshot of this?

Regards,

March 3, 2020 at 12:10 pm #5607479

carlotaC

Hi Rifazz,

I've blurred for client privacy.

I've spoken to Language Insights and they told me they have cancelled all.

What can we do?

screenshot.png
March 4, 2020 at 7:05 am #5613167

Riffaz

Hi,

Please go to WPML > Packages and remove them all.
Do you see anything in WPML > Translations? if yes, remove them as well.

Now this should be cleared fully: https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/5607479-screenshot_23.png

Let me know the results, please.

Regards,

March 4, 2020 at 9:20 am #5614443

carlotaC

Hi Rafizz,

I only see Guttenberg packages (see image)

Can we accelerate this please? I need to translate strings asap and this is not working.

Thanks

screenshot-packages.png
March 4, 2020 at 1:18 pm #5617075

Riffaz

Then it's not the issue.

Are you not able to send new translation jobs to local translators in WPML > Translation Management?
What do you see when you try that?

Let me know please.

Regards,

March 4, 2020 at 2:40 pm #5618041

carlotaC

The thing is... How do we remove all works in progress and cancelled Rifazz

March 5, 2020 at 9:04 am #5623347

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Riffaz it is not available at the moment, so let me take over here. So it seems like that WPML is not receiving information from these transition services that they have been canceled.

A quick way to get these jobs removed from there will be finding them within wp_icl_translate_job database table and deleting these entries there. We usually don't recommend this practice, however I believe you should have no problems with it.

I think it also helps that there is a field job_id in this table which matches job ID in the translation jobs.

Can you give it a shot?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

job id jobs.jpg
job_id.jpg
March 5, 2020 at 9:46 am #5623835

carlotaC

Is there another way to do this?

I don't like to touch database

March 5, 2020 at 9:54 am #5623875

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Can you give this a shot?

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translations-stuck-in-in-progress-from-sdl/#post-2215374
If the above isn't working, I can escalate this case to our 2nd tier to check further.

So in a nutshell:

- So to cancel them, first thing, please go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation services and deactivate the SDL service.
- Then go to the "Translators" tab, and add your self as a local translator.
- Then go to "Translation Dashboard" tab, and assign these pages to yourself
- After that go to the "Translation Jobs" tab and you will find that these jobs are assigned to you which will give you the ability to cancel them, so please mark the checkbox beside each job and then click the cancel button at the end of the table.

Regards,
Bruno Kos