This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 14, 2017 at 7:31 pm #1342029

geraldC-2

Hello,

I want to translate the footer and the subfooter of a Jupiter Theme. I installed the wpml-string-translation and translated the relevant widget title but I do not see any change on Frontend.

I need help to understand what's wrong.
thank you in advance

August 14, 2017 at 7:53 pm #1342041

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Gerald,
Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

To translate values and fields that are added by your theme you need to configure them to be "translatable" first. This can be achieved in the page WPML > String Translation. Right at the end of the page, there is a link with the text "Translate texts in admin screens »". This link will take you to a page listing all admin options from your plugins and theme. You will need to find the option that relates to the copyright field in your theme. Just check the checkbox next to it and save the form (there is a submit button at the end of it).

Take notice that the page that lists all the fields may take a bit of time to load since it gets all fields from all plugins and themes already activated on your site.

After saving this configuration you should be able to search for the copyright string in the WPML > String Translation page. There you will be able to translate the text to the necessary values.

For reference, we have a documentation page indicating how to do it here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/
The text you will be interested in is at the end of the page under the heading "Translating strings in the wp_options table".

Let me know how it goes.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.
Kind regards,
Carlos

The topic ‘[Closed] I want to translate footer and subfooter of a Jupiter Theme’ is closed to new replies.