This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have the Multilingual Blog License, how can i translate my widgets?

Solution: You can do so by creating multiple widgets and assign each one of them a language, using the "Display on Language" dropdown menu at the bottom of each widget.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/#when-string-translation-is-not-available

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by li-shenG 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 24, 2018 at 5:22 am #2844919

li-shenG

The WPML plugins works very well for my site. But there is one area in my widget items, that need help to translate.

It is a custom html in the header area where I can customize in the widgets area.

October 24, 2018 at 8:12 am #2845252

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

There is only 1 way to achieve what you want if you have the Multilingual Blog license and it's documented here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/#when-string-translation-is-not-available

In the document it talks about the "Multilingual text" but the same concept can be applied to the other widgets as well. In fact, you can see the feature at the bottom of your screenshot (See Attachment: "Widget Language display.jpg").

You can just create different widgets, with the translated content. they will appear or disappear according to the language you chose for them.

Let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you encounter any issue, i'll gladly try to help you solve it.

October 26, 2018 at 5:16 am #2851947

li-shenG

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!