This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel Elbers 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 3:32 pm #2800836

Marcel Elbers

Tell us what you are trying to do?
client reviews
Is there any documentation that you are following?
no
Is there a similar example that we can see?
please see the attached printscreen
What is the link to your site?
hidden link but the website is under construction

October 10, 2018 at 9:07 am #2803577

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

With regards to comments/reviews, we currently offer the option to "merge" all reviews so that they are seen in all languages but we do not support the option to translate as they are not considered WordPress post types.

There are some 3rd party plugins that introduce reviews as a post type and, in this case, you can set the translation options for them as "Translate" in WPML -> Settings -> Custom Post Types.

These kind of comments/reviews we would be able to support with WPM architecture.

I hope this answers your question.

October 10, 2018 at 11:46 am #2804054

Marcel Elbers

Thaks how do i merge the reviews than? Currently the english reviews are only visible on the english pages and the dutch reviews only on the Dutch pages? thanks

October 10, 2018 at 11:53 am #2804084

Yvette
Supporter

This option appears on the frontend without any need for additional configuration once a product review is entered (see image). Of course you have to have enabled product reviews in Woocommerce.

October 10, 2018 at 12:16 pm #2804178

Marcel Elbers

yes i see what you mean. Only by standard it does not counts the reviews of all languages together in the star rating i see. Is there an solution for that? thanks.

October 10, 2018 at 1:39 pm #2804481

Yvette
Supporter

Oh! This may be a bug. I will try it out on my local server and then confirm the behaviour expectations with our development team.

I´ll update you here when I have some news.

October 11, 2018 at 9:47 am #2807397

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´ve some feedback from the developers. They agree that the number of stars should reflect the average of all comments as the product is the same product regardless of the language.

This is, indeed, how Woocommerce is calculating the overal Star rating. What is not correct is the number of total reviews that appears in parentheses to the right of the stars,

This was not taken into account when implementing the "merged reviews" feature and will now be taken into account.

At the moment, I do not have any workaround to offer you unfortunately. I am preparing the ticket for escalation, Once the work begins on this feature, I can then forward any workaround if one is made available.

Do you have any further questions before I transfer this ticket to the developers queue?

October 11, 2018 at 12:51 pm #2808214

Marcel Elbers

ok thanks will i get an update as soon as it is possible to count all reviews from all languages together?

October 12, 2018 at 1:37 pm #2812191

Yvette
Supporter

So, I have a response and it is that they do not see this as an issue to resolve.

The number of stars is a correct average of all existing comments in all languages. This is calculated by Woocommerce. As it is one product - WCML supports this logic.

What is not "clear" however is the number in parentheses beside the total Star ratings. However, the response is that this changes when you change the option to view a single language reviews or merged reviews.

In other words, the behaviour is expected and not considered a bug.

October 12, 2018 at 3:35 pm #2812471

Marcel Elbers

ok thanks for the info!