This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 1, 2019 at 5:00 pm #3718961

Caroline Elisa

Reopening ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-want-to-use-elementor-and-not-the-wpml-translator-to-edit-pages/#post-3718955

How can I make manual translation the default for pages and posts?

May 1, 2019 at 5:11 pm #3719109

Caroline Elisa

Note that when I follow the instructions for activating manual translation just on one page (https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/), I still get this popup when I try and open in the standard WordPress editor:

hidden link

This freaks out my client, and also me, as wit seems when we choose the wrong option we lose changes.

Which option is correct? 'Edit anyway', correct?

May 1, 2019 at 5:14 pm #3719111

Caroline Elisa

Oh, and when I try and open Elementor I get this: hidden link

hidden link
hidden link

Note, safe mode does not work.

May 1, 2019 at 11:07 pm #3720129

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

1. Please go to WPML->settings-> and enable "Use WPML's Classic Translation Editor" [screenshot]

NOTE : if you have already started the translation at any page/post using the WPML Translation Editor (side to side) you will need to finish it to 100% first and then once you open it again it will be in the classic editor.

2. Is the preview issue also happening when WPML is deactivated . ?

May 2, 2019 at 1:09 am #3720457

Caroline Elisa

Thanks Bobby

I already have "Use WPML's Classic Translation Editor" set in settings.

I went back into the the page in the original language and 'Use WPML's Translation Editor' is selected once again!

So I deselected it once again and now when I go to the second language I get the message: Warning: You are trying to edit a translation that is currently in the process of being added using WPML.

We have not started the translation using the WPML Translation Editor, at least not intentionally.

How can I clear this so we can access Elementor once again WITHOUT losing content?

May 2, 2019 at 5:45 pm #3727897

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Does this happen to all the pages , even with newly created pages ?

additionally when you go in the edit screen for the page and click on the switch to deselect it it should ask you if you want to apply that to all the pages.

you can simply click to move forward with editing the page 'edit anyway' as that wont cause any issue but most likely this page was before accessed with the Transaltion Editor which is the reason you are still getting this message, you can finish a "dummy " translation within the Translation Editor if you wish first "click on duplicate " within the Translation editor and then mark it as complete at 100% afterwards you should not get the message anymore.

if you wish i can take a closer look (please share the page in question with me )

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

The topic ‘[Closed] I want to use Elementor and not the WPML translator to edit pages’ is closed to new replies.