This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 20, 2018 at 10:06 am #2833976

Omer

Hello;

I would like to disable and deactivate wpml because its too much headache and slowdown our web performance. So i want to seperate my website for Turkish and English. My main language is Turkish.

When i disable wpml, all products with alternative language appear on my frontend. I would like to clone this website and push all the English version of the site to there. Is it possible?

Thanks!

October 22, 2018 at 5:04 pm #2839104

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @Omer, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

We are sad to hear that you want to disable WPML. If you want, we can investigate the issues occurring on your website and find a suitable solution. Our support team is ready to help.

If you want to proceed, you can duplicate the website using one of these plugins:
Please install these plugins. They will allow me to create a copy of the website:
- Duplicator: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
- All-in-one WP Migration: https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

When you disable WPML, all content from the secondary languages will be assigned to the defualt language. So, after the duplication, you can try the following:
- On the english website, go to Pages > All Pages
- Change the language using the language switcher at the top admin bar
- Delete all content from the secondary language, delete from the trash as well.
- Use the same steps for all post types (posts, products, etc).
- Disable WPML. It should only display content from the english language now
- Use the same steps on the second languange, but now you need to delete the content from the english language.

>>> IMPORTANT: Please backup your site first before making any change, this is important for security reasons. <<<

If you need more help just let me know.

All the best,
Diego