This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kathF 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 30, 2019 at 9:11 pm #4310499

kathF

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have several sites which point to different dialects of English. Some use the US dialect and some use the UK dialect. I need to know how to configure the site in such a way where the same language can be used across multiple domains.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I am looking under the "Languages" tab, and it appears that there must be a one-to-one relationship between a language and a domain. This would require too much repetition to implement in this fashion.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
None publicly available.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link, hidden link The desire is for hidden link to be in US English as well, with more domains following to link to the UK version, which is currently undergoing localization.

July 31, 2019 at 7:26 am #4312295

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

There is no such thing in WPML options. However, there are two things that come to my mind. One could be possibly domain mapping, even though I am not sure?
hidden link

Another one would be bulk duplicating content from one language to another one in which you would have the same content:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-bulk-duplicate-all-translations-from-one-language-to-another/#post-1510406

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 31, 2019 at 6:06 pm #4317231

kathF

I've decided that this solution was too onerous, so I changed my approach to just redirect the domains to the localized versions through the "subdirectory" scheme instead.