This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
January 25, 2019 at 8:09 am #3128099

Ahmet Emre

The Ical Links from the Event Manager are not working while WPML is activated.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: When I click am Ical link this should download an ical invitation.

Instead, I got: Redirect to the current page

If required access can be provided to the stage version of this site.

January 25, 2019 at 2:32 pm #3129353

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Yes please share access to your backend. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 28, 2019 at 8:59 am #3134439

Ahmet Emre

Hi Jamal,

Can you please inform me how I add private details as I see no private details fields here.

Attached see when I click "I need more assistance"

Thanks

January 28, 2019 at 10:28 am #3134918

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

My apologies, i activated the private box.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 28, 2019 at 11:45 am #3135261

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the access, Please make sure to have a backup then perform the following.
1. Update WPML plugins to latest release.
2. Update Events Manager plugins to latest release.
3. Go through actions in WPML->Support->Troubleshooting->Cleanup.

If this does not resolve the issue, on your test site, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only WPML plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Finally you can activate PHP debugging to see if there are any errors happening.
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Share the debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here or using DropBox or GoogleDrive.

Let me know what you get.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 29, 2019 at 12:07 pm #3139635

Ahmet Emre

Hi there

I've implemented the updates with no success; meanwhile, i've done some debugging and it seems WPML is modifying the return of this method

$wp_query->get() , it seems that they modify the return array and replace

[event]

key with

[_wpml_backup] => Array
(
[event] => digitaler-salon-zahlen-die-malen
)

in the event manager code, the actual code is $wp_query->get('event') which works when WPML is disabled and returns "digitaler-salon-zahlen-die-malen" and none when it's active; so this is a bug that needs to be fixed

Can you help us here?

January 29, 2019 at 1:26 pm #3139846

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Ahmet,

Thank you for your feedback and for the debug. I will for sure put our compatibility team on this to fix it, we will need first to reproduce it on a clean install. Please use the credentials i provided in the previous private message. Upload the events plugin and reproduce this error. Then i will push it to our compatibility team and get a proper fix for this.
Activate minimum needed plugins to reproduce this error. Create on event.
We should have a working ical link without WPML and not working with WPML Activated.

Thank you very much for your collaboration.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 31, 2019 at 2:30 pm #3148316

Ahmet Emre

We have done as you requested.
We've activated Beaver Builder Plugin (Pro Version), Beaver Themer, Events Manager and WPML Multilingual CMS.
The event is here hidden link

WPML Multilingual CMS has to be configured in order to reproduce the issue.
To work the ical download you need to disable WPML Multilingual CMS.

Can you please let us know when we can expect this issue to be resolved?

Best regards

January 31, 2019 at 2:50 pm #3148409

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and collaboration, i checked the sandbox and could see it reproduced.
As it appears it is a compatibility issue between the 4 plugins [Beaver Builder Plugin (Pro Version)+Beaver Themer+Events Manager+WPML].

I will escalate this to our compatibility team, but i will need a step-by-step guide of the actions you have made in the sandbox. This will help our developers reproduce the error by by themselves. And this may take a while depending on the themes priority.
As soon as the error is fully described the team will work on it.

Can you provide a clear step-by-step way on the usage of these plugins to reproduce this error?
Can you record a video if possible ? i often use screencastify.

Looking forward to your reply and my apologies for any convenience.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 6, 2019 at 10:21 am #3164979

Ahmet Emre

Link to video: hidden link
with the step-by-step reproduction of the error.

At the timestamp 2:45 the text editor content is:
[event] <a href="#_EVENTICALURL" title="Save event in your calendar"> ical </a> | <a href="#_EVENTGCALURL" title="Save event in your Google Calendar"> gcal </a> [/event]

N.B:
At the first click (timestamp 4:03) on ical link the page is reloading.
At the second click (timestamp 4:27) on ical link the downloading of ical file is starting.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Activate plugins Builder Plugin (Pro Version)+Beaver Themer+Events Manager+WPML
2. Run WPML Setup
3. Under Beaver Builder - Themer Layouts Add New
a. Type: Themer Layout
b. Layout: Singular
4. On overview of Themer Layout assign to Event pages and Publish
5. Open Beaver Builder
6. Remove content and add text editor with text mentioned above.
7. Publish Layout
8. Create a new Event with Date and Publish
9. Open Event Page in Frontend -> Ical link will not work
10. Deactivate WPML -> Ical link will work

February 6, 2019 at 12:30 pm #3165471

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. The video was really helpful.
I narrowed down this bug to only WPML and Events Manager, you can check the second event i created. I deactivated Beaver plugins, and added the shortcode to the new event and it did not work.
I will escalate this to our compatibility team and inform you about any progress.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 6, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3165643

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I have now escalated the ticket to our compatibility team. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 12, 2019 at 3:17 pm #3189420

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Our compatibility team has provided a fix for this issue. I have tested it in the sandbox and it seems to resolve the issue, i was able to download the iCal file with WPML activated.
The fix is the following, you will need to add the following lines of code in the file wp-content/plugins/events-manager/em-ical.php at line 27.

if ( defined( 'ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION' ) && $wp_query->get('_wpml_backup') ) {
                $wp_query->set(EM_POST_TYPE_EVENT, $wp_query->get('_wpml_backup')[EM_POST_TYPE_EVENT]);
            }

If you have any doubts implementing this fix, please check the sandbox or let me know and i will help with that.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support