This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 3:53 pm #4468309

John

I updated WPML on a staging server without issue, and am now trying to update it on a production server and I'm getting the below error on the Translation Management page:

Failed step: migrate_remote_project
WPML_TM_ICL20_Migrate_Remote::migrate_project - 400: Bad Request
This project cannot be migrated

On the staging server I made sure not to click the 'This is a production site' checkbox.

August 28, 2019 at 6:07 am #4471309

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey John,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Could you please tell me if the description in the following ticket fits your case?

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/some-wpml-pages-are-not-displayed-and-the-editor-after-update/

Please read the Brief description section. It is the top section with a yellow background.

In short, have you done the ICL migration process on your development/staging site and then tried to also do it on the production/live site? This would help me understand what's the issue.

Thanks,
Radu

September 5, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4519267

John

Hi Radu, yes, I did attempt the migration on our staging site first, but I believe there was a checkbox to indicate if it was a production or staging site, and I thought I had checked it. We're not in the middle of any active translations, so we can setup a new project if needed.

September 8, 2019 at 11:53 pm #4532631

Radu
Supporter

Hey John,

Could you give me access to the dashboard area and to the FTP too, please? I think that I'll need to check this a bit closer to see what's going on. I'm sure we'll be able to sort this out.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

September 13, 2019 at 12:51 pm #4568699

John

Hi Radu, any updates?

September 16, 2019 at 9:29 am #4577933

Radu
Supporter

Hey John,

Sorry for this delayed response. I had to check this out a bit closer (I also looked at previous threads with the same issue).

I also looked at your previous message and I could see that you can start a new project. In this case, I think that you can use the Reset professional translation state option from Dashboard → WPML → Support → troubleshooting area. Have you tried to use this option before?

Also, don't forget to create a full backup of your website. It's always a good idea to keep a copy of your website so you can roll-back the changes if anything goes wrong at any moment. I'll keep an eye on this ticket to make sure that we take care of this issue soon.

Thanks,
Radu

September 17, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4588727

John

Hi Radu, I'm able to reset the professional translation state, but when I then go to translation management tab and try to re-add iCanlocalize, or even activate a different service, the same error reappears. Is there any other way to resolve this? We have translations starting to pile up, and we can't do anything about it.

September 20, 2019 at 11:01 am #4611599

Radu
Supporter

Hey John,

I checked this out one more time but I couldn't find a fix. In this case, I'll need to pass this to the 2nd tier support. I looked on some other situations where this error message appeared and my colleagues needed to have a closer look at this.

In this case, is there any chance that you could create FTP account for the website (I know that you mentioned something about it in a previous message)? Or maybe any other way to have access to FTP/database.

Once I get access to this side, I'll pas this to my colleagues and they'll take care of this in no time.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] ICanLocalize migration could not complete’ is closed to new replies.