This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
May 14, 2018 at 1:58 pm #2121561

robertB-35

With one of our customer pages we have the problem that ICanLocalize shows the error message "ICanLocalize migration could not complete" (screenshot01). I was told that the problem started with the last update. Going by this ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/some-wpml-pages-are-not-displayed-and-the-editor-after-update/page/2/#post-1507494
I already tried to "Reset professional translation state" (WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting and then click on "Reset professional translation state"). This worked only partly, as the translation management was working again, but the error message was still displayed. Next thing i did was trying to activate and then deactivate ICanLocalize as a translation service. But this resulted in the exact state of the screenshot and the translation management is broken again.

Additional info 1: Our customer doesn't need the ICanLocalize translation service anymore as they only tested it briefly before deciding to use the xliff export/import for translation.

Additional info 2: After all this we noticed that our server provider had some trouble with the DNS servers. Because of this no request outgoing from the server could resolve. This problem is now fixed. Maybe this is relevant to the problem.

Thanks in advance!

May 15, 2018 at 11:03 am #2136614

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, and thanks for contacting our support forum.

Could you please provide me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to provide a better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

+ Please make sure that you have a full backup of your website and database. (Please don't ignore this)!
+ It'd be great if you give me an access for a test site where the problem is replicated.

Best Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] ICanLocalize migration could not complete’ is closed to new replies.