Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.27 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
March 31, 2020 at 2:00 pm

svenH-12

Translated content from icanlocalize is not showing on the frontend.

March 31, 2020 at 3:07 pm
April 2, 2020 at 6:39 pm #5826023

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

I currently have our translation proxy team looking into this issue. I sent the job ID for the Tips for Livetubers so that they know which job to review. I will update here as soon as I have more information. Thanks for your continued patience.

April 6, 2020 at 4:33 pm #5850845

svenH-12

Hi Lauren, we had suspicious access today on our website. For this reason I have blocked and logged out the WPML username. Let me know if this was indeed your team and I will reactivate with new credentials. Many thanks
Sven

April 6, 2020 at 5:09 pm #5851001

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Our translation proxy team suggested trying to resend the translation. You can try doing this manually by sending to a local translator and importing the XLIFF file, or you can try resending to icanlocalize. The translation should be stored in the translation memory so it should translate at no extra cost. I tried to login and test the manual translation but it looks like my login permissions have changed.

Please let me know if the translation shows correctly after resending. Thanks!

April 7, 2020 at 6:52 am #5854065

svenH-12

HI Adriana, thanks for the feedback. This is exactly what I had done. I had sent the translation again to ICANLOCALIZE. There was 1 string translated and the translation came back but it is still not showing. I have revoked access to the site. Please can you ask your team to have another look. The wheel is still showing in the page. under translation and in translation management the translation to Japanese show as finished. Uploading the file does not work. It states Translation not done by you.

Thanks Sven

April 7, 2020 at 2:01 pm #5858135

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

This is Ahmed Ibrahim from the Translation Proxy interaction team, and I have imported the ob for you, and it seems that it works great now, check here: hidden link

The steps to import the translated file from the service to your local job is as follows:

- Send the job to a local translator
- Download the translated XLIFF from the service
- Go to WPML -> Translations
- Export the local job XLIFF
- Copy the “Original” code from the local XLIFF header
- Past the “Original” code to the file from the service that has the translation
- Import the file that has the translation and it should work

Best regards,
Ahmed Ibrahim.

April 7, 2020 at 2:11 pm #5858167

svenH-12

HI Ahmed, many thanks this looks good now.

However I am still struggling how to do this myself.
When I tried to translate manually (locally) there I could only see English in both advanced and classic editor. Then I sent it to ICANLOCALIZE again. It showed that one string needs translation. The translator did this and send the file back. Howecver it was still not showing up. When we then tried to import the file it said "Not your translation. Unable to import" (or something like this)

Could you help me again to understand exactly how I should do local translation when the job. originally had been done with a professional translator. And again, we sent it there it was translated but still did not show up.

Manu thanks for your help
Sven

April 7, 2020 at 2:21 pm #5858273

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

When you send to the service, please wait till it comes back and if it didn't, you can contact us and we will help you if there is any problems, but if you re-send the job to a local translator it will be impossible to get the file from the service directly to your site.

If you want to get the job manually from the service and then import it to a local job at your site, you have to follow the exact steps that I have mentioned in the previous reply, you will find a step to change a code called "Original" in the XLIFF file to let WPML import translated file and without this step, WPML will not be able to import the file which came from the service.

Best regards,
Ahmed Ibrahim

September 10, 2020 at 6:49 pm #6987917

svenH-12

deleted

November 2, 2020 at 10:32 pm #7362387

svenH-12

Hi Ahmed, thanks for your help with this in April. I don't know what happened, but my translations from the homepage are gone again. I have tried to follow the steps for the manual import, but I found several xliff files in the download and did not know how to handle this.

You can see the problem on hidden link
The translation pages show English parts, which actually have shown up correctly before and which have been translated by ICanLocalize.

Can you please have a look and help me how to fix this?
Also, do you have an idea, why this happened again?

Many thanks for your help.
I can of course allow you access to all services.

Sven

November 2, 2020 at 11:28 pm #7362465

svenH-12

Just an update: I have now first re-sent the job for the main homepage livetube.tv back to ICanLocalize. The system shows just one word for translation. So my hope is, that all translated content will be sent back to the page. I will get back with an update.

November 3, 2020 at 10:50 am #7366281

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi Sven,

I don't know why the translation has gone from your site, so the best this is as you did, you can send the page again to ICL, and it will use the translation memory to re-translate all the already translated content and then re-deliver them to WPML and all will be good.

Also please when you get the translated content, please take a complete backup just in case anything wrong happened in the future.

Best regards,
Ahmed Ibrahim.