This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 16, 2019 at 2:23 pm #4030703

stephanieK-6

I am trying to translate the top bar into French

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the top bar as translated into French

Instead, I got: the original bar in English

June 17, 2019 at 2:13 am #4031481

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 17, 2019 at 6:41 am #4032421

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details.

I noticed that your WPML plugins are quite outdated. Please consider updating WPML plugins to latest versions and check if the issue is resolved.

You can update WPML plugins at Plugins > Add new > Commercial tab.

Note: Please backup your site completely before updating WPML.

If possible I would recommend updating all other plugins as well (e.g. elementor etc...)

If the issue still persists after updating your plugins, please check if this issue appears when:

-You deactivate all non-WPML plugins, except the plugins required to debug.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Sixteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Note: Please backup your site completely before doing this test.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 17, 2019 at 6:58 am #4032513

stephanieK-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

June 17, 2019 at 7:59 am #4032905

stephanieK-6

sorry I'm reopening. It was showing in the right language when I was logged on but not when I wasn't.
I updated a few things but it's still in English everywhere

June 17, 2019 at 9:18 am #4033729

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Could you please share with me the results of the test procedure mentioned on my previous message?

Also, the access credentials provided were removed after marking the thread as resolved. Could you please provide us again the access details so I can check further? I will enable the access information box for you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 17, 2019 at 9:30 am #4033957

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Does the issue persists, when:

-You deactivate all non-WPML plugins, except the plugins required to debug.
- Theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Sixteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

Note: Please backup your site completely before doing this test.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Icegram plugin’ is closed to new replies.