This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4545443

thierryD-6

yesterday we noticed that we were'nt able to do any more changes on the website and discovered it was due to fact that we reached maximim allowed database size with our hosting company.
We then found out that the table: wp22_icl_string_pages was 100MB in size!
The website is approx 50 pages; and just 2 languages. English and Spanish.

I want to know how i can avoid this is in the future? (on future websites)
I want to know what i can do to reduce the size of this existing table on this existing website?

All plugins are fully updated to latest versions.
Website running PHP 7.0

Your help / feedback would be much appreciated.

September 10, 2019 at 9:45 pm #4549001

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

The behavior is normal for WordPress and WPML and depends on the WPML configuration.
In fact, each string, integer or boolean finds a database entry in WordPress, but as WPML mulitiplicates this amount in regards to the installed site languages tables can get bigger than usually expected.

You can delete all the untranslated strings in ST with this SQL command:

DELETE FROM `wp_icl_strings` WHERE status = 0;

Please, check for the table prefix.

Then, I suggest you go to WPML > String Translation > Auto register strings for translations and exclude all the domains there in order to prevent it happens again.

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] ICL String Pages takes up 100MB in my database’ is closed to new replies.