This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Régis 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yuri.

Author Posts
April 16, 2018 at 9:03 am #1641912

Régis

Hi,
I'm facing a problem on one website. My hosting provider have sent an alert concerning database size. When I checked, I've seen that one table has increased a lot recently: icl_string_pages ( > 500Mo & > 9 000 000 lines)

Is it a known issue and how can I solve it?

Note: this website now runs with WPML for 5 years or more with the same theme and except for regular wordpress & plugin updates, there was no significant change on this website recently.

Thanks!

April 16, 2018 at 10:29 am #1643246

Yuri

Hi, recent versions of WPML should already have reduced the size of the table based on the amount of data you have on the site. Since your's haven't done that automatically you can try triggering the functionality manually. This can be done by:

- Going to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting
- Press the "Recreate ST DB cache table" button

Make sure that you have the Translation Management and String Translations plugins installed for this option to be available on the troubleshooting page.

Let me know how it goes.

April 17, 2018 at 9:32 am #1657378

Régis

Great! Thanks.
This table size went back to normal: 50Mo / 19 000 lines
Regards.