This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I am trying to translate the IconBox and FAQ modules on different pages that I have from the Sober theme.
Solution:

Relevant Documentation:
This XML added to the Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Custom XML Configuration tab will do the job:

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>sober_icon_box</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>image</attribute>
                <attribute>title</attribute>
                <attribute encoding="allow_html_tags">content</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>sober_faq</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>title</attribute>
                <attribute encoding="allow_html_tags">content</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by julieC-12 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 25, 2019 at 4:52 pm

julieC-12

I am trying to: I am trying to translate the iconbox on different pages that I have.
But they do not appear in the translation page. Please see the following screenshots below.

Its missing on the about us page with the iconbox, and on the FAQ page with the FAQ box.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: Translation possible

Instead, I got: nothing

I found stuff to add on the CUSTOM XML CONFIGURATION, but i did not understrood what to add on this section.

The website is opening at the end of the week, we really need your help on this.

Regards,

August 25, 2019 at 6:23 pm #4454961

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Julie,

Nice to see you again 🙂

I just added some custom XML configuration to Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Custom XML Configuration tab (you can have a look at it, if you want).

Now, could you make a little change to the original A propos page (like adding one more point at the end of a paragraph), and edit the translation of the page now, please? This time, a few fields for the icon box module should be available. Just give this a try and tell me how it goes.

Thanks,
Radu

August 25, 2019 at 9:01 pm #4455143

julieC-12

Hi Radu,

Thank you so much for your quick reply, it is absolutly perfect.
Can you do the same for the FAQ page please ? It is the same for the delivery page also.
We are using the sober icon for the About us page, but for the delivery and FAQ page, its another system, its a question and answer boxes.
It will be perfect, this is the last issue we have.

Regards,
Julie

August 26, 2019 at 7:58 am #4456575

Radu
Supporter

Hey Julie,

I added one more piece of XML configuration to your website. Can you do the same changes to the FAQ page as you did for the A propos page (make a small change to the original language and edit the translation), and tell me if you see some new fields available, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 29, 2019 at 7:39 pm #4483267

julieC-12

Hi Radu,

Everything is perfect with the FAQ and the iconbox.

Another last question, I promise.
On the homepage, I can not translate the Instagram button.
It's in French, "Suivez nous sur instagram"
I am not able to translate it.

One more thing ( you can see the screenshot), I am not able to translate the billing adresses and shipping adresses.
I found this on the my-address.php file but I can put it either in English or French. There is no translation for this. Can you help also with this ?

We will be very grateful

Regards,

Julie

August 30, 2019 at 10:56 am #4486723

Radu
Supporter

Hey Julie,

You can easily translate the Suivez-nous sur Instagram text by going to Dashboard → WPML → Traduction de chaîne . Just add the translation and make sure that you check the Traduction terminée box.

This is the place where you can translate the billing and shipping address text too. Please give this a try and tell me how it goes.

Thanks,
Radu

September 2, 2019 at 2:34 pm #4497747

julieC-12

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!