This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 23, 2019 at 7:09 pm #4626221

jakeA-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I need to disable the cookie '_icl_current_language', how would I do this? I've looked throughout the settings and can't seem to find anything.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

"It appears that the cache-breaking cookie is likely the language tracker, "_icl_current_language" which is set by default on 100% of all visitors immediately breaking caching upon arrival. It could be another, different cookie as there does appear to be a handful of them being set upon the page, but the presence of the "Cacheable: NO, Not-Cacheable" header on the page response indicates that something happening at the site-level is forcing the visitor's request to bypass caching and 99% of the time that's due to session-level cookies being placed, which your site is leveraging."

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

September 24, 2019 at 1:54 pm #4632245

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Have you checked that you have disabled the cookie option here?

WPML > Languages > Language filtering for AJAX operations > Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX

Apart from this setting, there is no other place to disable the _icl_current_language cookie nor would it be advisable as most WPML functions rely on this information to correctly execute language specific functions.

The topic ‘[Closed] I'd like to disable _icl_current_language completel’ is closed to new replies.