This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 11, 2018 at 3:20 pm #2090555

l10T

Hi there,

I am trying to move the language switcher from header menu to top header menu.

I'm running Bridge theme.

This is my site hidden link (at the moment top bar is deactivated)

There's no builder for bridge top bar, similar to other sites... I need to insert HTML. How can I do?

thanks

n.

May 13, 2018 at 5:28 pm #2107619

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

Could you please tell me how to enable the top header menu with the Bridge theme so I can try and check the solution for you on our Bridge test site?
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 14, 2018 at 8:44 am #2113267

l10T

Hi Itamar,

sorry for not being clear enough.

You can enable top header from QODE OPTIONS - HEADER - TOP HEADER .

Once you've enabled, you'll see a default top bar (screenshot). There's a language fixed selector (not wpml but an HTML static one). You can find it in APPEARENCE___WIDGET___HEADER-TOP-RIGHT.

I'd like to delete this HTML and see WPML selector in this area.

thanks
N

May 14, 2018 at 3:44 pm #2123996

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

I do not see the language fixed selector that you mention. Maybe it is something that was designed especially for your site.

In any case, this is simple. Just remove this language fixed selector widget and place instead WPML's Language Switcher widget which is called Language Switcher. Please see attached screenshot.

If you want to configure the appearance of this Language Switcher you can do it from WPML -> Languages -> Widget language switcher.

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] I'd like to have WPML language menu in top bar with bridge theme’ is closed to new replies.