This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 24, 2019 at 4:22 pm #3886201

mattiasR-3

I'd like to use Quick Edit (or is there simpler way of changing Title and URL if needed?). I know that there's benefits (haven't learned them yet) of using Translation Management when translationg things but really - for adding/removing from Category or making minor change in Name or URL - this Quick Edit is perfect.

Tried to Google and learn and all kind of options but really just lost a lot of time when entering products and looking for the right options etc so I just switched them of until things were done. But when website will be Live, think disabling these plugins are not an options since URL's will stop working properly for different languages etc.

Thanks,
Mattias

May 24, 2019 at 7:33 pm #3887327

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi Mattias,

Even with WPML Translation Management you should be able to go to Pages->Quick Edit

are you getting an error when attempting this ?

Additionally when you have Translation Management activated you can go to Pages-> Edit page -> click on "User WPML's Translation Editor" and turn it off this will allow you to use the page builder view

for more information please review the following
=> https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

May 24, 2019 at 9:14 pm #3887653

mattiasR-3

I get this kind of Popup. So I can turn it off somewhere?

And actually with some tweaking I kind of lost my connections between Default Languages Categories between other two (linked back manually) so... and also something changed so had to find 66% Saved translations in Translation Management and make it a 100% so they would appear on the site. That's why just wanted to keep it as simple as it is before Live. 🙂

May 24, 2019 at 11:15 pm #3887773

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

after some testing i can confirm that for products this is the expected behavior. You can only use "quick edit" for the default language of the product and for the rest of the translations quick edit is not available.

you can however access your product and select to not use the WPML translation editor and just use the page builder view for the translations (screenshot )