This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 29, 2018 at 7:16 am #1880643

steffiS

Dear WPML Team, I have got the same problem as in ticket #1561626. Can you please provide the solution how to translate id sections so that the new anchor menu (sticky menu) links to that section? To translate the menue links is not the problem, but the section where the link is set to. Thank you i advance, Steffi

hidden link
Please see the sticky menue underneath the main menu.
(Apartments | Availability | Feedback | General information)
The main page's origin language is german.

Thank you for help,

Steffi

PS: I want to avoid german words in the URL on the english page that is why I want to find a solution.

April 30, 2018 at 9:33 pm #1905896

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

If I understand the issue correctly and when I look at your site it looks like you have managed to translate those anchor links. For example, I can see that hidden link is translated when I compare it to the German page hidden link. Please see attached screenshot.
Have you found a solution to this issue already?

If not can you please share with me the full link to the other ticket that you are mentioning (#1561626)? Just with this number, it is hard for me to know which ticket it is.

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations.
We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 1, 2018 at 2:12 am #1907464

steffiS

Dear Itamar,

No, I couldn't solve the problem yet. However I just saw that there is an option to install WPML sticky links. Would that help to access the section id? If so how can I do it afterwards.

Here comes the link to the ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-anchors-section-id/
The Translations of the page are just String-Translations and have no copy of contents, so I don't have access to the section-ids. Maybe Ankrit knows.

Thanks for help!
Steffi

May 2, 2018 at 12:27 pm #1931245

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

The suggestion that I gave the user on the other ticket here
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-anchors-section-id/#post-1562694 is what eventually was excepted by the user as the best solution.
Please read what I wrote there.
You cannot see the users reply because it is in a private message.
Ankit, my colleague, did not suggest any other solution.

So I'll summarize the main point.
Just do not translate the hash fragment of the menu (like #verfuegbarkeit etc.) and everything will work because the ID's that in the HTML element are in German.
Is this an acceptable solution for you?

Regards,
Itamar.

May 2, 2018 at 12:39 pm #1931446

steffiS

Thanks Itamar, I know that it works when I am not translating the hash elements, but as the other customer forum user claimed too, it doesn't look right. If I want to forward a link to someone to a specific id section it should be in the correct language. I hope there is an option. Thank you!

May 2, 2018 at 8:07 pm #1942892

Itamar
Supporter

I see, so the ID of this element would need to be different on the translation of the page in English. You should know that there might be other concourses for this. Like if you use the ID to specify other CSS or JS directives.

If you determine the ID yourself from your theme options, you might find it in the texts in admin screens that you can get from the Strings Translation section. Please read more about it in our documentation here. https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

If you cannot find it and you want me to help you check this, then please describe here where and how you insert the ID name and I'll try to help you further. Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 3, 2018 at 5:50 am #1946982

steffiS

Dear Itamar, I have found the admin strings but no such strings or hints for the id section.
I work with Enfold (Theme). When I edit a content page I add for example a color section or a row/column which could be filled with an image or textblock or any other media. I name this color section or row with an id. So it works as an anchor goal. But as said before, the strings do not offer a translation of the id.
Please see attached the screenshot of the example of a color section with the id.
Thanks for your efforts!
Steffi

PS: The other image shows that the strings only offer the translation of the link and the menu name which lead to the id section but not the section name itsself.

May 3, 2018 at 9:49 pm #1966603

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I try to follow your instructions but you show me the screenshot in German and it is hard for me to know in which field you insert the ID name. I do not see a field that I can write a text like you show. I do not see any color section.

Can you be more specific, please?
Can show me a screenshot in English?

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] id section translation for sticky menu’ is closed to new replies.