This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 1, 2018 at 6:29 pm #2696144

raviS-4

I am trying to add more languages via "Edit Language" section, so that I can add extra languages out of given default list of languages in WPML "Languages" page.

Suppose, if I select just 3-4 languages from the Language selection check-boxes, then I go to "Edit Languages" link,,, then it's working... And, I'm able to add a new language manually.

But, in case I select almost all languages leaving away 5-6 languages from the WPML language check-box list, then if I try to add a new language via "Edit Languages" link, then it fails. (Pic 1 & 2)

Note: Just found more bug in this case.
- As shown in the screenshot languages before Hebrew like Albanian are also failing to display in this list. Though they're working in another list and also in front-end. (Pic 3 & 4)
- Language text missing on the checkboxes in "Hide languages" section. (Pic 5)

Please help.
Regards

September 3, 2018 at 9:19 am #2698486

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I will be attemting to replicate this scenario on my own local test server as this may indeed be a WPML bug.)

In them meantime, please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support

And make sure your are fully compliant with the operating requirements for WPML as described here:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Thanks

September 3, 2018 at 10:37 am #2698743

raviS-4

I already provided Debug Information.
I'm sending it again here.
I don't understand what exactly are these things listed in Minimum Requirements:-

Multibyte String extension for using WPML String Translation
SimpleXML extension for using XLIFF files in WPML Translation Management.
The eval() PHP function must be enabled. More about this in the section about eval().

September 3, 2018 at 12:45 pm #2699265

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I was able to replicate this behaivour on my local server. I will be preparing to escalate the issue to our developers.

In the meantime, are you able to add the new language if you do the following steps?

1. First add the new language (with minimum installed languages active)
2. After the new language is added then activate all the languages you need

Will the system allow you to do this?

THanks for the diagnostic test.

September 3, 2018 at 1:10 pm #2699412

raviS-4

Yes, that works as stated in my post's beginning.

September 3, 2018 at 1:11 pm #2699417

raviS-4

or wait...
Maybe I should reply you after a test for your mentioned specific scenario.

September 3, 2018 at 1:37 pm #2699665

raviS-4

Tests conducted.
Removed all languages leaving just a few of them.
Added new language "filipino". It worked in back-end as well as front-end.

Then, I added lots of languages again. They also got added in back-end and showed-up in front-end.
Though in the "Add/Remove Languages" section another bug was seen.
In the 1st line of languages, flags were visible and text-labels were not. (Pic 6)

Then I tried adding a new language to test further via "Edit Languages" section.
Another bug was seen here. Some dots with clickable area were visible. (Pic 7)
This time it didn't work. The language was neither added in back-end, nor displayed in front-end.

September 3, 2018 at 3:51 pm #2700391

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

1. You wrote: "...Then I tried adding a new language to test further via "Edit Languages" ..:
Just to clarify, you tried this AFTER having added a new language with minimal languages. So this was a 2nd NEW language - correct?

I think we have established that this will not work.

2. The Dots
Yes, I can reproduce this - it is connected to the option to upload a custom flag

3. Flags visible but no text
I was not able to reproduce this on my local server. I am suspecting this has to do with the PHP Memory limit you have on your site.

I can see that you still have 40M defined which is the default established when you install WordPress. You need to augment this quantity in your wp-config.php file. I would suggest going to your max. So, please edit the file and add this line to it:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Please let me know the results of this

September 3, 2018 at 3:59 pm #2700447

raviS-4

1. You wrote: "...Then I tried adding a new language to test further via "Edit Languages" ..:
Just to clarify, you tried this AFTER having added a new language with minimal languages. So this was a 2nd NEW language - correct?

Ans. As I wrote above, I had added lots of languages first from the "Add/Remove Languages" list of default provided languages. And, then.... after that I added a custom langauge manually via "Edit Languages" section. Hope it's clear to you now.

2. It doesn't bother me. I can ignore it.

3. OK. I read about this limit once more before. I'll try to modify it.

FINALLY...
Waiting for the solution of main bug, i.e. unable to add a new custom-language after adding many languages from the Add/Remove section.

September 3, 2018 at 4:28 pm #2700534

Yvette
Supporter

Yes.

So I will be escalating this main bug to our 2nd tier support / development group. IN the meantime, as a workaround, you can first add your new languages with only a few languages active.

Once you have added the new language, you can then re-activate the other languages. This is not a solution - just a workaround until a solution for the bug is delivered.

Do you agree with this approach/summary?

September 3, 2018 at 4:47 pm #2700587

raviS-4

Well, I'm not in a hurry. If you can deliver a solution in a given amount of days acceptable by me, then I can wait. Else I'll approach the alt way. So, if you can tell me then please tell how many days will it take to debug it ?

September 3, 2018 at 5:26 pm #2700634

Yvette
Supporter

Good question.....I don´t know how impacted they are in 2nd tier. Let´s see if they pick it up within the next 24 hours.

September 3, 2018 at 6:44 pm #2700776

Yvette
Supporter

This ticket is now escalated to our 2nd tier support.

September 3, 2018 at 6:47 pm #2700780

raviS-4

OK. Thanks. I'll be waiting.

September 4, 2018 at 12:39 am #2701190

Yvette
Supporter

The topic ‘[Closed] If many languages are added, then I can't add any language manually.’ is closed to new replies.