This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 8:54 am #4281031

sing-leungT

I was on a live chat earlier today discussing that when WPML Translation Management is disabled, it breaks the product description tab. Hwoever, what I found out is that it's because Woocommerce Multilingual is still enabled, If it disabled, it does not break the page.

Will disabling Woocommerce Multilingual affect the previous duplicated items?

July 25, 2019 at 9:00 am #4281105

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm not sure what do you mean when you say: "...affect the previous duplicated items"
Can you elaborate, please?
If you want to work with WPML and WooCommerce then WooCommerce Multilingual needs to be active.

Regards,
Itamar.

July 25, 2019 at 9:13 am #4281203

sing-leungT

Hi Itamar,

For the "duplicated items", because we dont have the actual translations to the products yet, so we just duplicated the categories and the products.

I had to deactivate the WPML Translation Management because it was affecting the Coupon usage on the cart page. But when I deactivated it, the product description tab got messed up (please see attached image for reference).

So I did some testing to deactivate some plugins. and I found that for the product description tabs to be okay, I had to deactivate the Woocommerce Multilingual plugin too. But I really want to keep both plugins but if I do, they create issues on the site. Is there a way to get these fixed?

July 25, 2019 at 9:37 am #4281393

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I've just read the chat that you had today with Radu, my colleague.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-translation-management-breaking-product-page-description/

So first we need to debug the coupon issue. I suspect that there is a collision with the theme or another plugin that might cause this problem. If possible, get your site into a minimum environment. Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentyNineteen and no plugins activated except WPML.
Is it possible for you to try it?
You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to TwentyNineteen (for example). If it persists then deactivate all plugins except WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce itself without any of its extensions. Then please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist, so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is a live site you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] If WPML Translation Management is disabled, it breaks the site’ is closed to new replies.