Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I use the Realtor theme.
When I update the custom header in the translation page, it's always getting back the value of the original page.

Solution:
The custom header is saved in the custom field "_sh_header_settings".
It's currently marked "Copy" in the file wp-content/themes/realtor/wpml-config.xml

<custom-field action="copy">_sh_header_settings</custom-field>

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1. Remove this line in the wpml-config.xml file.
2. Go to the page WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup to update the configuration of the wpml-config.xml.

Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by massimoS-6 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
June 6, 2016 at 2:00 pm #898128

massimoS-6

I am trying to: translate the website completely from english to hebrew

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: the header title in the pages translated into english and hebrew. Right now the title is in English also in Hebrew pages and when I try to translate it in Hebrew and publish the page, the changes are not saved. It seems that for that area of the site there's just one version of the text.
The theme I am using is called Realtor.
Thank you!

Instead, I got:

Steps to duplicate the issue:

June 7, 2016 at 4:41 am #898592

Dat Hoang

#1,
Can you please take some screenshots to show me how you're editing these pages?
Are you using the duplicate feature of WPML? https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-using-content-duplication/

#2,
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?

NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

June 7, 2016 at 6:05 am #898610

massimoS-6

Oh to answer the second part of your question: I tried disabling all the otherplugins and nothing changed. If I switch to a standard theme, I don't have the header field anymore so I cannot recreate the issue.

June 7, 2016 at 9:16 am #899418

Dat Hoang

#1,
Thanks for your info.
Please go to the translation page and select the button "Translate independently" in the right sidebar?
Can you update now?

#2,
If #1 does not help, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:
+ Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials
+ It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

June 8, 2016 at 3:20 am #900496

Dat Hoang

#1,
If so, there is something in your site settings that I have not understood yet.

#2,
Please provide your site credentials like what I requested in my previous reply. Please edit your previous private reply, and insert the credentials, then leave a new reply here.

I need to check your site.

June 8, 2016 at 7:16 am #900586

massimoS-6

OK, here they are.
WP admin panel
username: xxxx
password: xxxx

FTP
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
username: xxxxx
password: xxxx

June 9, 2016 at 3:38 am #902577

Dat Hoang

Thanks for your info.

I removed your credentials in your recent reply, which is NOT a private reply. I moved these info to your private one.

To troubleshoot the issue, I installed the Adminer plugin in your site.

The issue header you said is "CONTACT US TEST1", right?
The question now is where you configure this header? I don't see any field related to this text in the page editor. Look at your database, this text is saved in the post meta "_sh_header_settings".

I guess if you disable WPML, the issue is still there, right?
This is something your should ask your theme author/support. And it seems not an issue, just an option you need to know where to configure.

June 9, 2016 at 3:12 pm #904225

massimoS-6

Hello,

yes as I said,it's an option you configure for each page, just edit a page and you will find it. The problem is that when I change that header parameter in english and I save it it is saved correctly. When I change it in hebrew and I save it, I get the english version still.
And how about the "translate independently" button that is not showing up? Is that a theme issue?
Another question: is there a way to have not only the text but also the layout to switch from LTR to RTL? I am seeing if it's possible to invert the logo/header layout according to the language selected.

June 10, 2016 at 6:05 am #905276

Dat Hoang

I can not access with your FTP credentials.

I could not find the way to see this custom field "_sh_header_settings" and edit it
After gathering your description and taking another look at your site, I can say that the "issue" is at this file hidden link

Please edit this line:

<custom-field action="copy">_sh_header_settings</custom-field>

to:

<custom-field action="translate">_sh_header_settings</custom-field>

I think you can edit these headers well now?

Reference:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/ , section "1. Custom fields".

June 10, 2016 at 8:25 am #905417

massimoS-6

Hello Dat,

sorry for bothering you again. Yesterday there was a hosting problem, I was not able to reach the site with ftp or even through the admin panel, but now everything seems back to normal.
I made the change but nothing changed, when I save the edited custom field for the header, the changes are lost.

June 10, 2016 at 9:42 am #905692

Dat Hoang
I made the change but nothing changed, when I save the edited custom field for the header, the changes are lost.

Please take a screenshot to show me where I can find this field? Like I said above, I could not find its location when editing the page.

June 10, 2016 at 9:51 am #905719

massimoS-6

Hello Dat,

I find it below the layout settings and before the visual composer box to add the text in a page. Trying to send you a screenshot but today when I click on "Upload an image" nothing happens.

June 10, 2016 at 9:54 am #905721

massimoS-6

but you can see it in the screenshot I sent a couple of days ago...

June 10, 2016 at 9:57 am #905722

massimoS-6

Here you go! from IE it worked

screenshot.png
June 12, 2016 at 8:28 am #907810

massimoS-6

Hi there! Any news?