This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.83 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
All works fine, except Warning messages at the top each custom posts pages:Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /homepages/8/d361209108/htdocs/ndiv2/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php
Solution:
Just simply go to wp-content/plugins/acfml/classes folder through FTP, edit the file called class-wpml-acf-attachments.php and edit the line 13 from this:

if ( is_serialized($value) ) {

to this

if ( is_serialized($value) || is_array($value) ) {

100% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidD-3 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 9:19 am

davidD-3

I'm using ACF and manage custom fields translation with Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual.
All works fine, except Warning messages at the top each custom posts pages:Warning: Illegal offset type in isset or empty in /homepages/8/d361209108/htdocs/ndiv2/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-element-translation.php on line XXX
(see there: hidden link)

Those warning disappear when I deactivate ACF Multilingual.
Thanks for your help.

April 24, 2019 at 11:45 am #3672233

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey David,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

This is an issue that we already fixed. If you want, you can apply an early fix that you can use until a new version of the ACFML plugin is released.

Just simply go to wp-content/plugins/acfml/classes folder through FTP, edit the file called class-wpml-acf-attachments.php and edit the line 13 from this:

if ( is_serialized($value) ) {

to this

if ( is_serialized($value) || is_array($value) ) {

You can do this change and tell me if things are back to normal. This fix will definitely be included in the next update of the plugin but this is an early fix so you don't have to wait for the update.

Thanks,
Radu

April 25, 2019 at 10:56 am #3681365

davidD-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

May 17, 2019 at 1:29 pm #3834751

davidD-3

Hey,
I just update ACFML and the issue is back again.
I applied the same change in the class-wpml-acf-attachments.php file and it fixes (again) the issue.
I thought you should include this change in the last update. Don't you?