Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
February 9, 2023 at 1:04 pm #12998279

dianaS-17

Illegal string offset 'WPMLSTBatchTranslationRecords_schema_installed'

In PHP 8.1

February 12, 2023 at 3:12 pm #13015233

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

I am not sure if the duplication is completed correctly or not, but I see an error, I enabled the debug mode and I see this:

hidden link

Ignore the deprecated messages, but the last one is causing the fatal error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected token "match" in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/219772.cloudwaysapps.com/ezeydahhef/public_html/wp-content/themes/kronus/misc/bitrix_api/matches/RegionMatch.php on line 8

This originated from the theme that you use.

Would you please check?

I do not have any idea about that error.

February 13, 2023 at 1:53 pm #13021391

dianaS-17

This error connects with name of one of classes in the system of integration. But this errors you'll see only if the website correctly works with PHP8.1. Did you get any other issues?

P.s.: for resolving this error - you can manually change class name Match to Matches in:
/wp-content/themes/kronus/misc/bitrix_api/matches/*

- Match.php
- BussinessMatch.php
- RegionMatch.php
- PackagingTypeMatch.php

February 14, 2023 at 7:16 am #13026265

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

I renamed that folder in the theme and managed to access the admin.

I deactivated all the plugins and also used the default theme and when the String Translation plugin is enabled the error below happens:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/219772.cloudwaysapps.com/ezeydahhef/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/core-api/core/OptionManager.php:45

The server uses PHP 8.1 so I will report this to the second-tier to see what is the issue. Most probably there is an issue in the database that causes the problem.

I will get back to you when I have an answer.

February 14, 2023 at 10:19 am #13029029

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

We have an answer from the second tier support:

t appears that we have corrupt value in the key "WPML(ST)" in the options table.
The corrupt value is:

1:1:{s:50:"WPML\ST\Batch\Translation\Records_schema_installed";b:1;}

It should be:

a:1:{s:50:"WPML\ST\Batch\Translation\Records_schema_installed";b:1;}

Workaround:

Please run the SQL script below on your website Database:

UPDATE `wp_options` SET
`option_value` = 'a:1:{s:50:\"WPML\\ST\\Batch\\Translation\\Records_schema_installed\";b:1;}'
WHERE `option_name` = 'WPML(ST)',

Make sure you have a backup before doing so.

An alternative workaround is to remove the key "WPML(ST)" from the options table.

Please kindly get back to us with the result.

Thanks.

February 14, 2023 at 11:19 am #13029573

dianaS-17

Hi there,

Solution with SQL query helped to remove that Warning-Error. We'll try to move our website to PHP8.1 tonight.

Thank you!

February 14, 2023 at 12:58 pm #13030907

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Thank you. Please inform us if it works ok on PHP 8.1

February 15, 2023 at 8:11 am #13036703
dianaS-17

Hi Christopher!

We successfully moved our website to PHP 8.1 today appreciate your help with it 🙂

One more question:

Wy this warning happens (see screenshot). I've tried to set base_dir to none in our hosting panel, but it didn't help.

Text: is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(https://cdn.wpml.org/en.js) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/kronus.eu/:/tmp/)

New threads created by Christopher Amirian and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-text-is_file-open_basedir-restriction-in-effect/

Screenshot 2023-02-15 101040.png
February 15, 2023 at 9:11 am #13037421

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there.

I am glad that it worked. As I reported this to the second-tier I need to set those tickets as resolved and report back to the second-tier support.

Fo the other questions I will open up another ticket for you.

generally, we answer one question per ticket to make sure that we serve you the best and it is fair to our other customers.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.